[Archive] Invitation to start of a Warhammer Strategy Game

Bron Baraz:

Hi everyone,

By kind permission of Xander, I’d like to invite you all to a free, browser-based online campaign that Ulthuan.net is hosting this year - Ulthuan in Flames! This is the fourth and final campaign in a series, and one that CDO members have been a valued part of in the past.

Just to give you an idea of what it’s about, it’s:

- a completely online campaign; no miniatures involved!

- a browser based (no downloads) strategy game

- free! Lovingly designed and maintained by volunteer nerds

Some of the features in it allow you to:

- choose a hero or mage as your fledgling general, and customise him with both mundane and magical equipment

- build an army, choosing from Core, Special, and Rare unit types

- travel across Ulthuan and beat up other players’ forces with your horde of doom…

Armies available are:

- The Hordes of Chaos (Warriors, Beastmen, and Daemons)

- The Cult of Slannesh (Dark Elves, Dark Elf Cultists, and Slanneshi Daemons)

- The Loyalists of Malekith (Dark Elves… of a kind…)

- The Cult of Asuryan (High Elves… of a sort…)

The Campaign is the culmination of an Alternative Warhammer History, where Malekith defeated the High Elves and won the Sundering. Defeated in the War of the Beard, and playing fast and loose with the forces of Chaos in the Great Incursion, all his chickens are coming home to roost as Ulthuan - and the Vortex preventing the final destruction of the world - itself is invaded by Chaos and a Cult of Slannesh Uprising. With the fate of the world at stake, help comes from an unexpected quarter, and ancient foes become uneasy allies…

…Anyway, if any of that appeals at all, I hope you’ll consider giving it a look! Just go to the Ulthuan.net forums and scroll down to the Ulthuan in Flames board for a look. Last time, we had over 800 players from over a dozen warhammer websites playing, and it’d be great to be blessed by your presence again :cheers

If you’ve got any questions, please just post them here and I’ll do my best to answer!

grom:

awsome ;D

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Bron Baraz:

I think so :slight_smile:

The kick off date will be this weekend - Saturday. Players can join any time, of course, but if you want to be in from the start, now’s the time to register!