[Archive] iron demon conversion ideas (non train)

Da Crusha:

hey guys I want to convert an iron demon but Im not a big fan of converting a train model. I was thinking about making a tank of some sort instead. Id like some help thinking of possible toys or models that could be used for this. also if you guys have any other ideas that could work out well for an iron deamon/skullcracker let me know. Id like it to be able to fit on a 60X100 base if possible also.

CopperPot:

I like the look of old tractors you can get some cool kits of eBay, as for tanks I don’t like the tracks not really fantasy for me

Da Crusha:

hey guys I want to convert an iron demon but Im not a big fan of converting a train model. I was thinking about making a tank of some sort instead. Id like some help thinking of possible toys or models that could be used for this. also if you guys have any other ideas that could work out well for an iron deamon/skullcracker let me know. Id like it to be able to fit on a 60X100 base if possible also.

Karring:

Maybe the Empire Steam Tank??

Zanko:

What about these models?!?!

The minis are all from Ramshackle Games and the best is that most of them are really cheap!

:hashut

aka_mythos:

The nice thing about Ramshackle Games is that they intend people to mix and match components so you can buy individual bits.

CopperPot:

I like the look of old tractors you can get some cool kits of eBay, as for tanks I don’t like the tracks not really fantasy for me

Karring:

Maybe the Empire Steam Tank??

Zanko:

What about these models?!?!

The minis are all from Ramshackle Games and the best is that most of them are really cheap!

:hashut

Naagruz:

The 1/35 Minenraumer could be an easy conversion. Adjust the rear with some Empire Steam Tank bits and you could be 90% there. Really just other gubbinz and rivets to finish up after that.

The Iron Demon is basically just a copy of an old steam driven tractor. Depending on your facility with p-card, it could be fairly easy to scratchbuild.

aka_mythos:

The nice thing about Ramshackle Games is that they intend people to mix and match components so you can buy individual bits.

CopperPot:

Naagruz:

The 1/35 Minenraumer could be an easy conversion. Adjust the rear with some Empire Steam Tank bits and you could be 90% there. Really just other gubbinz and rivets to finish up after that.

The Iron Demon is basically just a copy of an old steam driven tractor. Depending on your facility with p-card, it could be fairly easy to scratchbuild.

CopperPot:

beefcake:

What about this from old glory

Old Glory Miniatures: Dwarf Steam Wagon with crew, 25mm Dwarves, GD-06

beefcake:

What about this from old glory

Old Glory Miniatures: Dwarf Steam Wagon with crew, 25mm Dwarves, GD-06

Da Crusha:

nice suggestions guys. I think right now Im leaning towards a steam tank. I also like the first ones that zanko posted.

@Herby those would sure look great but they are far too large. also Im leaning away from things that look “living” since the iron deamon lacks a normal attack and can only thunderstomp after the first round.

Vardan Painkiller:

i envisioned a mix between steam boneyard truck and chimera traction engine, both ramshackle

i hope the "dragon biler + turret " from himera could be mounted instead of the back part of truck, and add bullheaded front isteadof the “grill”