[Archive] Iron Demon - Pivot Shoot

Ender SpiteSworn:

Soo I love my iron demon, but its always a bummer to get first turn (yeah!) then not be able to shoot it in most scenarios because you start 24" away (boo!), because that’s your exact max range (move 6" shoot 18") . But then I was thinking what if you lined up right on the line sideways, then when you pivot about your center for your 6" move to face forward you gain about 1 1/2" and can shoot whatever is lined up directly away from you. Anyone ever try that? Is that too annoying to pull off or is it something common?

I have started lining it up sideways anways, placed in front of the Bale Taurus in my new list, just to catch and stop canon balls.

KramDratta:

I have started lining it up sideways anways, placed in front of the Bale Taurus in my new list, just to catch and stop canon balls.

Ender SpiteSworn
Sadly, Unique models don't stop cannonballs (unless I missed something ...)

Gunnerson:

Ender SpiteSworn

KramDratta
multi-wound modles stop cannon balls that dont do enough damage to kill them.

Ender SpiteSworn:

Ender SpiteSworn

KramDratta
multi-wound modles stop cannon balls that dont do enough damage to kill them.

Gunnerson
Oops, actually Kramdratta is right. The rules are specific that only monsterous infantry, monsters, and Monsterous Cav. It is not about Multi-wound models as small charectors dont' stop them at all...whihc I knew, I just got excited about the iron demon doing as it looks like something that should ... at least its not counted as warmachine and dosn' t autofail Chairectoristic tests, that' saved my bacon a few times.! hmm back to poor mr. K'daai as the cannon ball catcher, or maybe the bull centaurs.