[Archive] Is it a GW or HW Warrior?

tunagami:

So, I just came into a bunch  (w00t!  operation build CD army is underway!)  of the plastic warriors (big hats), but they all look like they have GWs.  I assume that is how all the plastic warriors looked, but it also looks like that is how all the metals looked too.  Now, I don’t want GWs on my CDs, ever.  

My question is, how tight have your opponents been about those being GWs vs hand weapons?  Have you done any type of converting of these plastics to make them be just HWs or does it usually just get the nod that they are HWs instead of GWs.

I am not super concerned, but I prefer to be WYSIWYG whenever feasible.

What say ye?

Grimstonefire:

If you cut the halberd/ great weapon down a bit under the hand it would feasibly look like a hand weapon (a bit big for my tastes).

Not that I use those ones, but I would just point it out before the battle (rather than feel I had to convert).

tunagami:

If you cut the halberd/ great weapon down a bit under the hand it would feasibly look like a hand weapon (a bit big for my tastes).

Not that I use those ones, but I would just point it out before the battle (rather than feel I had to convert).

Grimstonefire
I was considering even replacing them with hand weapons from the chaos marauder sprue (I have some laying around), although, IF (and this is a big if) I decide to end up selling my CDs, do you think that this would reduce their value, being converted to use HWs? Or do the majority of CD people want their warriors with HW/shields anyway, so who cares?

torn:

i think it would seriously reduce their value if they were metal, possibly just a bit for the plastics. id just leave them how they are, stick shields on them and remind your opponents they are hw+s warriors. i think they will understand you not wanting to chop up classic out of production miniatures.

tunagami:

i think it would seriously reduce their value if they were metal, possibly just a bit for the plastics. id just leave them how they are, stick shields on them and remind your opponents they are hw+s warriors. i think they will understand you not wanting to chop up classic out of production miniatures.

torn
Yeah, I can see that, although, part of me is like, "I want these to play, not to make money", but part of me is like, "what if you don't like them after all?"

Problem is, I can play so infrequently, I probably wouldn't know if I didn't REALLY like them for at least a few more years, lol. I really dig the way they look and their fluff, so I think I am gonna stick with them.