[Archive] Is the Flying Great Taurus model a good or bad idea?

Alric:

Personally I have always disliked the “flying”  Great Taurus ‘Model’ for a couple of reasons.

1) The model looks like a cow. I know its supposed to be a bull, but I and almost every WH player looks at the model and says “flying cow”.

2) I just dont feel a CD general would use a flying mount. CD’s are the makers of stuff like juggernauts , things that like to crush stomp and grind foes under their feet. Ive always felt a CD general should ride an uber juggernaut.

3) I’m ok with the concept of a “great taurus” but I think it should look more like a deamonic beast, like a living molten metal beast with horns and iron spikes but part  juggernaut and part bull in appearance, and no wings, flying around up in the air is for wizards.

P.S.

I edited OP and added the word model in more sentences. Some of the responses seem to be misinterpreting my post as referring to the great Taurus concept which is incorrect , I’m referring to the flying great Taurus model.

Rhazzouth:

I voted good.

1)I’t isn’t like a cow.

2)But I like a lot your idea of a mechanical daemonic beast. :wink:

3)If I rebember one of this forun does a mechanical flying great taurus(I think is of Grimstonefire)

Hobgoblyn:

1. You HAVE to be kidding me. Are there really people here so disconnected from reality to somehow fail to realize that there a bull IS a cow? Seriously, you have that little lack of knowledge of agricultural animals to fail the most basic test of understanding and know that a bull is an uncastrated male cow? To claim that something can’t be a cow because it is supposed to be a bull is like claiming something can’t be a human because it is supposed to be a man. Please-- go read a book.

2) THIS however I agree with. Dwarfs, Chaos or not, should not be about flying 20" in any direction across the battlefield. They are supposed to be slow, decissive and super powerful.

3) This sounds good. Sure! Go with it. Visit the Rules Development forum and come up with proper rules.

But, #1 is still important. No matter what you do with a bull or an ox-- it is STILL going to be a cow.

Kloofpumph:

I don’t mind it, to be honest. I’ve always had a fondness for the “Flying cow”, and really though I do think Dawi shouldn’t be flying at all, if we’ve got too we might as well have something that fits in with all the mythos of Hashut and bulls.

Just my 2 cents.

Thommy H:

Yeah, bulls and cows are the same thing, man. Of course it looks like a cow. Bulls do look like cows. It’s how they know to have sex with each other instead of sheep or something.

Kera foehunter:

come on cut him some slack he posted it at 149 am !! that a half hour before bar and pubs close in the U S !!!

But i do like the idea of a cow taurus

Borador:

1. well that part has been discussed already :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2) Flying is awesome dude xD as in BOOOOM! crushes regiment and flies on to the next one

3) Hmm yes, I was thinking about something demonic and mechanical aswell, though pretty extreme =D Say a demonic taurus bike “counts as Great Taurus”

Warhammerman:

I never really liked the idea of a Great Taurus either and I think a massive brazen, daemonic machine thingy would be a hundred times better. Go for it.

Snotling:

Heretic! :slight_smile:

1) You probably know that a bull is a cow, but I know what you mean. when people say “flying cow” it’s just the funny name for the Taurus. Even if cows and bulls are almost the same, these two animals leads to different assiciations. A bull is a mountain of muscles, and ustopable train of an animal, with spikey horns, cool nose rings and unlimited sexual strenght :slight_smile:

A cow stand on the meadow, is purple, makes chocolate and says “mooooh”… any questions? ^^ but who cares, every player laughes about the army of his opponent, this is psychology! :slight_smile:

2) A dwarf on a flying steed is maybe not natural for the earthbound dwarfs, the normal dwarfs look very sceptic at their gyrocopters, too. And Malakai Makaisson is declares mad :). But the CDs are the “anti-dwarfs”, they love magic, corrupted stuff and also flying bulls :). Remember, most of them live in great towers, and the upper levels are only reachable for the high society, the dwarfs who own Lamasi and Taures

3) Well, how a Taurus look like is totally up to you. The GW Taurus is 8946572634875 years old, from a time where Bretonian knights look like they come from Disney Land or something… A bull has a lot of evil potencial. Look at the flaming bull for “the last unicorn” with his glowing eyes, pure evil :). It doesn’t need to look like a bull… or a cow. It just need to look similar to one.

Imho a Great Taurus is great idea! At first, it is an icon of theire got, a avatar if want to say that. So it is the ultimate symbol of power for a CD. That it can fly shows some more the difference between CDs and other dwarfs. It combines the dwarflinke physical power with arcane flying ability, which also makes it more demon-like.

And if you want a demon-engine, go for it! Why not? The time when the Great Taurus was “invented” was before the trend of possed metal constructs. I like both, monsters and metal monsters, but when it can fly, it shouldn’t be made of metal, too… looks to heavy . If you want a not-flying Juggernaut rider, just take a BC Lord and everything is fine ^^

Borador:

Yeah, bulls and cows are the same thing, man. Of course it looks like a cow. Bulls do look like cows. It's how they know to have sex with each other instead of sheep or something.

Thommy H
Epic, simply epic =]

Kera foehunter:

A bull has a lot of evil potencial. Look at the flaming bull for “the last unicorn” with his glowing eyes, pure evil

now that a bull

btw cows are non agressive they don’t have testosterone raging thew there vains that is why there are portayed in red !!!

and cows are white to portray peace and fertility

Thommy H:

What about brown cows?

Kera foehunter:

silly that a candy bar !!well at least here it is !!

Loki:

I for one think its a great model and it is always in my army :slight_smile: If people take the piss out of it i just find there general and slam the angry dwarf on the flying cow in to it and kill the general, not so funny once that has happened me thinks :stuck_out_tongue:

Snotling:

Yeah, or you could allways carry an unpainted Taurus with you to throw it at the other player…

“Respect my authority!!” BAM

Zanko:

Yeah, or you could allways carry an unpainted Taurus with you to throw it at the other player...
"Respect my authority!!" *BAM*

Snotling
Perhaps you should use a big axe instead! ;P

Is much more effective ... ;)

:hashut

Joshmohr:

If the Taurus walked, I’d feel obligated to make a hamburger out of him, though it might be a little ashy.

Alric:

1) You HAVE to be kidding me. Are there really people here so disconnected from reality to somehow fail to realize that there a bull IS a cow? Seriously, you have that little lack of knowledge of agricultural animals to fail the most basic test of understanding and know that a bull is an uncastrated male cow? To claim that something can't be a cow because it is supposed to be a bull is like claiming something can't be a human because it is supposed to be a man. Please-- go read a book.

Hobgoblyn
No, You HAVE to be kidding me. Are there really people here so disconnected from reality to somehow fail to realize when someone states the great taurus "looks" like a cow doesn't mean they think it is a cow. Seriously , you have such a lack knowledge of the English language to fail the most basic test of understanding and not know that the phrase "looks like" means only to appear as ? My statement doesn't say people think it is a cow they say it[/i] like a cow. Please learn to read first then go read a book.
What people mean by this is the model doesn't look monstrous , a "cow" with wings is more comical than intimidating. Compared to Wyverns , Dragons , 2 headed Dragons , Chaos Juggernauts the flying bull (aka  "uncastrated male cow" ) just isnt that impressive.

P.S. the phrase "you have that little lack of knowledge of " would translate as meaning to have "some knowledge of " and the way you use it makes a great lack of sense. :P
Yeah, bulls and cows are the same thing, man. Of course it looks like a cow. Bulls do look like cows. It's how they know to have sex with each other instead of sheep or something.

Thommy H
Epic, simply epic =]

Borador
^ ^
Epic fail  ;)

The Snowman:

I said good idea. Great Taurus will always make an appearance in my lists at over 2000 pts. Too good an option.

Fluff wise… they respect the “Bull god”. even if it wasn’t a naturally occuring beasty of the area they would have probably bred them (Just like Black orcs) using their scientific/daemonic ways. We are after all not the same as regular dwarfs. Some CDs become Bull Centaurs as well…

Bassman:

I voted for cool idea. Think: you are a stunty walking 3", well your god offers you a daemonic creature (1 point of coolness) to ride and watch from ABOVE (point 2 of coolness, remember you are a stunty) everybody else (regardless of its height), flying 4-5 times their speed (point 3 of coolness, remember you are a stunt moving 3" per turn… now you move 20").
Don’t you think this is cool?
Well, your hated western cousins shoot at you with flaming bolt throwers and… show them your midle finger when the bolt hit the taurus or your armor of furnace… lol! XD

I actually like the model, I pimped up mine a little bit (check my army blog) but it’s ok. Dragons are for elves, not for us. We have a fancy red-hot bull… but each its own :wink: