[Archive] Is this list rubbish?

Discoking:

I’m doubting the usefulness of 3 Bull Centaurs…

+++ LoA 2.4 no bull (2396pts)

+ Lords + (370pts)

* Sorcerer-Prophet (370pts)

Blood of Hashut, Charmed Shield, Talisman of Preservation, Wizard Level 4

+ Heroes + (422pts)

* Daemonsmith Sorcerer (120pts)

Dispel Scroll, Lore of Fire, Wizard Level 1

* Dark Castellan (190pts)

Battle Standard Bearer, Enchanted Shield, Ironcurse Icon, Sword of Might, Talisman of Endurance

* Hobgoblin Khan (56pts)

Giant Wolf, Light Armour, Shield

* Hobgoblin Khan (56pts)

Giant Wolf, Light Armour, Shield

+ Core + (829pts)

* 24 x Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard (320pts)

Musician, Overseer, Standard Bearer

* 19 x Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard (265pts)

Musician, Overseer,

Gleaming Pennant

* 20 x Hobgoblin Cutthroats (122pts)

Musician, Standard Bearer, Bows, Shields

* 20 x Hobgoblin Cutthroats (122pts)

Musician, Standard Bearer, Bows, Shields

+ Special + (245pts)

* Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher (100pts)

* Magma Cannon (145pts)

+ Rare + (530pts)

* Hellcannon (205pts)

* K’daai Destroyer (325pts)

tvandyke:

Good looking list. One recommendation would be to find a way to give those Khan’s a magic weapon. In fact, I’d give each of them a 5 point magic weapon, then give one the Dragonhelm and the other the Dragonbane gem. I’m not sure if this is supposed to be an all comers list, but if it is, then having the ability to take out Ethereals (spirt hosts or hexwraights) is huge. In addition, having two fast models that have a 2+ ward save against fire means that if you’re facing something with flaming attacks, those khans can hold it up. Of course the one thing that comes to mind is the Destroyer and it’s not likely you’ll face another Chaos Dwarf army, but I’m sure there are other things. I had a game the other night where a goblin hero on wolf with the Dragonhelm and Gold Sigil sword held up my Destroyer for 3 full turns (5 combat phases). He even caused two wounds on it.

nilbog:

I think 3 bull centaurs would be more useful than having more points in core troops than you need.