[Archive] Is this really a Chaos Dwarf?

wallacer:

This is for sale on our national auction site, being marketed as a Chaos Dwarf. I must admit it does look fairly Chaos Dwarfy, but I don’t recognise the figure. I’m wondering if it is made by a company other than GW:

http://tinyurl.com/23v8d5

Ellimist:

Don’t know if it’s really a CD. I think they’re advertising it as such because of the curly beard. IIRC, all the CDs from the advertised era had regular dwarfish beards.

Pyro Stick:

I doubt that is a CD. It has a standard with Bugmans? logo on it and dwarf runes. Nothing about it really makes me think it is a chaos dwarf. It just looks like an ordinary dwarf.

Uzkul Werit:

He could be the standard bearer from the very first lot of Bugman’s Rangers.

grunts:

I’m almost 100% sure its the original Bugman Rangers standard.

clam:

He could be the standard bearer from the very first lot of Bugman's Rangers.

Uzkul Werit
I'm almost 100% sure its the original Bugman Rangers standard.

grunts
You should have more faith in yourselves:D

It's an old 0312 - Bugmans Dwarf Rangers series no. 12 Standard Bearer - you'll find him here.

And 100% not a CD;)

Uzkul Werit:

I knew he looked familar! I saw him in a White Dwarf a few years back.

hal:

:smiley: the seller even left the bugman emblem on the banner!

wallacer:

Well, thanks guys. You just saved me $10 :cheers

Pyro Stick:

Well, thanks guys. You just saved me $10 :cheers

wallacer
Were you actually going to buy it? Its not that good a model

wallacer:

Were you actually going to buy it? Its not that good a model

Pyro Stick
When you're trying to build a non-hat CD army of 5,000 points+ you have to take whatever you can get ;)

My 4,500 point army (as it is now) has Grenadier, Rackham and Reaper figures making up the numbers.

cornixt:

There were no pre-4th ed CD models with banners, although GW often showed pics of conversions.

If you were willing to buy a Dwarf model that looked so un-Chaos dwarfy then there are a lot better ones.

You can also look in the [[Chaos Dwarf Catalog]], I’m pretty sure that every single GW CD model is on there now.

wallacer:

I’m not really that fussed, I just figured if it was a CD i’d grab it (I suspected it wasn’t as i’d never seen it before).