[Archive] Ishkur's Dawi Zharr project

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Well, it’s supposed to protect the crew to some extent! And also it serves as an icon of Chaosdwarfhood on every battlefield.

baba yaga:

Everybody seems to forget your excellant painting skills, my extremely oversized hat goes off to you sir.

AGPO:

The wolfboyz rock! Are they gonna be the DoW unit, or the core choice? If the latter, I take it your just counting the spears as hand weapons?

Uzkul Werit:

I’d assume the Core unit but for a rare unit, the Oglah Khan Wolfboyz are pretty good. Extra D3 pursuit range I think.

Khan!:

This is a pretty exciting army! I think yours is my favorite so far on the forum, Ishkur. Definitely well done.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I’m flattered about all the praise, and glad you like them. Many thanks!

I’ll definitely use them as a core choice and indeed count the spears as hand weapons. I think Dogs of War units count as rare choices in a non-DoW army. And I really don’t have any rare choice slots to spare! ;o)

Nemo:

Absolutely love the army, youv’e made the classic look repectable. :hat

I also love the dark gritty colour scheme and the lava bases, well done:hat off

:cheers

Nemo

Ishkur Cinderhat:

This is what I’ve got so far. It’s not much, especially since I started work on the CDs back in almost 3 months ago, but I guess it’s a start. Another full regiment of warriors (with GW) is waiting to be painted, and I’d definitely like to try the new Black Orcs anytime soon. :slight_smile:

click to view larger version

I found I never showed the full first warrior unit - well here it is:

I have totally missed my deadlines to have the 2k army ready for the Nemesis campaign. At the moment, I hope I will be able to field at least 1000 points, sometime around end of July. :confused:

Hashut!

Nazhur:

1000p is my aim to to use in Nemisis campaign. so dont be sorry, be happy that at leasts some CD can kill our enemy and make us some fluff :slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

You’ll still have more than me, more than likely. But, it’s looking incredible and I envy your ability to see the face of your opponent every time you play them!

Uzkul Werit:

Full 3k for Nemesis Crown for me! Not that any of it looks good. My Hogoblins with bows don’t look too shabby. The only condition is I’ve been told to wear a big hat whenever I use them …

Snotling:

damn man, it’s so beautiful… your army is my favourite, i think, so cool! i hope, that i’ll finish 1000 points around august… maybe…

hal:

Those look so good assembled in a photo, very cohesive.

Xander:

Awesome! Truly a sight to behold! Can’t wait for more. :smiley:

Perturabo:

Those are the best big hat models I have seen.

Dislike lessening…must fight it…! Ishkur, what have you done to me?!

I like the standard bearer a lot, the combination of hat and mask works really well.

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I was quite happy today to find the Dwarf Thunderer models are quite compatible with the bodies I created for the warriors. I just need to add an arm made from greenstuff and fill in some gaps here and there. Voil�, my first two blunderbussiers:

For some reason, these immediately made me think of “Peter and the Wolf” by Disney, 1946.

Do you think Games Workshop stole some design concepts here? :smiley:

hal:

It’s great to see them fit so well, great job.

Are those shields at the end of the blunderbusses?

Xander:

I believe they are the buckler shields from the Thunderer boxed set.

Awesome stuff Ishkur!

Traitor King:

good stuff, they’re looking great.

how does the resin stuff piant up?

Nazhur:

Damn, you have done it again, some very good blunderbusses :slight_smile: I just love your way of doing your army.