[Archive] Island of Blood Launch

Hammerhand:

So, launch day is today, I’m off to pick up my copy later, and maybe a battalion to bolster - I’m interested, is anybody else starting a brand new army today??

warh:

I will go on the launch, they will have a lottery at GW Stockholm and I got 20 lotts or so x.x

Da Crusha:

today is the launch? I didnt know that, I guess Im going to pick up my box today!

Grimstonefire:

I’ve already got a skaven army on the go, so I will just pick up what I need off ebay in a couple of months.  

I’m guessing the skaven half will go a fair bit cheaper than the HE.

I always love these events. I popped into a GW store during the 7th ed launch, that was quite fun to see (plus free cake).

warh:

I’m back from the lottery but no luck :frowning:
I think I will buy the box soon, maybe next week. got some plans for it :slight_smile:

cornixt:

So…are there polar bears on this island?

My daughter expressed a massive interest in my Goblins while I was working on my tower, so maybe I’ll use this as an excuse to visit today.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Yes, but they came from a crashed plane…

I saw someone on the train with the small book today, but I couldn’t see the box on his person anywhere. Thought it was quite odd, lol :smiley:

I actually ordered mine and am waiting for it and am splitting it up with Sousunou (hoping he still wants to split it, anyway, lol :smiley: ).

AGPO:

I’m staying away, largely because the friendly manager from my local GW has been replaced by an utter insert expletive of choice Wish I was back in Notts for this one

Da Crusha:

woohoo! just got it! I picked up the book and I was like “wow …it’s so light :)”

slev:

Alas, I must wait until pay-day for my extra rats.

twiddles thumbs

Loki:

I brought 2 boxes and went halfs with some one on another set, i now have 4 sets worth of high elves and 1 set of skaven after doing some swapping so 2 new armies for me :slight_smile:

Hammerhand:

I love this set!! Only got the one box for now, and traded skaven for more elves - And I picked up a HE Battalion. The plan is to get another set and keep both sides as I already have a Skaven battalion & an extra clanrats regt, and I will augment this with a Screaming Bell and Doomwheel. That means I am currently working on 4 armies at once - I can see it all going wrong!!!

Clinkz:

I am considering getting this set, though in Australia it is very expensive, would probably be worthwhile ordering it from the UK to cut back on the cost a bit. A great box set either way :slight_smile:

snowblizz:

I am considering getting this set, though in Australia it is very expensive, would probably be worthwhile ordering it from the UK to cut back on the cost a bit. A great box set either way :)

Clinkz
Not only probable, it is a definitive. You'll save about half or something like that IIRC. Maelstrom eg has free shipping.... anywhere. I'm waiting for the next Maelstrom voucher to buy mine, the Euro is still worth something against the pound I hope.

Swissdictator:

Honestly I love this new boxed set. Even though I’m not overly interested in ever owning a HE army (I might get some stuff and cross use my DE), but those do look nice. While it is pricey, the old ones (6E and 5E) were almost as expensive (the 6E was $80 US). You’re still getting far more than your moneys worth in figures alone. Plus once you factor in the rulebook, it is a great deal. Especially for new people interested in either army (swapping like many of us have done), an amazing deal for Skaven players (especially if they swap or also play HE) as that can be a quick and cheap way to get your clanrats.

However, assembling and working on the Skaven has left me VERY happy. They’re actually high quality sculpts, especially for a starter. The pack masters and warlord look amazing. Even the “weakest link” of the Rat Ogres look good.

Unlike the last starter, although it rocked for us for conversions and for greenskin players for the hordes of Night Gobbos, the skaven in this one have enough variety that they don’t look that static. Plus with the weapons bits being separate you can make it vary a bit.

starscream:

Whilst I do like this set (i have a large HE force and am working on skaven so this works for me), the price is a little discouraging being 50% more than the release of skull pass.

Sorry Swiss but 6th ed came with a lot more minis (a lot of which were actual releases rather than snap fit versions) and more importantly it had the full size rulebook.

All in all tho its a decent release. Am in no hurry though as I have the full BRB and enough Skaven to be getting on with.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Having got this now, I think the pictures on the Internet don’t do these sculpts justice. They’re better than most plastic boxes today (in terms of crispness and ability to have strong, thin parts and holes where needed). Very beautiful!

Clinkz:

Having got this now, I think the pictures on the Internet don't do these sculpts justice. They're better than most plastic boxes today (in terms of crispness and ability to have strong, thin parts and holes where needed). Very beautiful!

Hashut's Blessing
Totally agreed, unboxed mine yesterday and they are some really really good mini's, and though the photos are nice its not quite the same as seeing them in person to get an idea how well they have been made. :)

Hammerhand:

Blog coming soon…