[Archive] It's official, FW are doing the Horus Heresy!

beefcake:

Possibly the worst waste of bandwidth ever watching that trailer.

MLP
I fully agree with that.
I'm interested in Horus Heresy but there's too many books there at the moment. Maybe picking up FW's ones might be a good start. For some reason I thought they were making Horus Heresy miniatures. I'm wrong there... right?

beefcake
They already do make HH era mini's, all the marines in Mk 2/3/4/5 plus most the Variant tanks are HH era.

The FW books will just be the rules to use them as full armys.

Chico
I was meaning more specific miniatures like The Emporer or Horus. I guess those minis well never be made (again, I think I remember a Horus mini a while ago) because there would be too many people kicking up a fuss about it not reaching the standard they think it should fit.

Chico:

Horus has never been made by GW, In the old epic there were the 4 main Chaos turned Primarch’s and in the Rouge Trader days (When i first started gaming) there was a Leman Russ figure.

There was a diarama in a very old WD with a converted Horus and the Emperor.

Non GW figures there have been a few knocking about.

Da Crusha:

So..... what is horus heresy? more space marines?

Da Crusha
you're kidding right? Its probably the most elusive (and coincidental) story line that gw has coming to life in a series of novels from Black Library.

Yes, more space marines

brotsorrow
hmm, nope, no joke. Ive only played one 40k game and it was 2 weeks ago, been playing fantasy for 16 years though.

rpitts2004:

The Horus Heresy is when shit hit the fan

Thommy H:

The Horus Heresy is the origin story of the 40K setting. It was an apocalyptic civil war between the first legions of Space Marines (and pretty much everyone else, but mostly it’s about Space Marines) that led to the Emperor’s current immobile state and ushered in the dystopian “Age of the Imperium”. It was traditionally shrouded in mystery, with only the major events being described in any kind of detail, but the Black Library have been publishing an apparently endless series of novels over the last few years, covering every twist and turn in quite exhaustive detail. Now FW appears to be making some models and rules for it too.

I preferred it when it was mythology, personally - the degrading effect 10,000 years of mindless bureaucracy has had on history is one of the central themes of the 40K setting, so it’s a bit odd that we now have first-hand accounts of the oldest canonical time period.

CopperPot:

Whats this, more 40k plop you all should be ashamed.

now take yourselves to the Black Fortress to await punishment:D

brotsorrow:

The Horus Heresy is one of the better story lines i have ever read. My greatest “lol” comes that the mention of the actual heresy was a couple sentences when rogue trader first came out with the 40k line… Oh how its evolved!!!

I’ve never played a game of 40k myself, but i like the novels so much more than the fantasy ones

Da Crusha:

Thanks Thommy.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

AGPO:

I have a feeling they will release the primarchs (ok, im starting this rumor, but i hope it works)

brotsorrow
I seriously hope not. I'd love to see some of the characters and races from the Heresy introduced, but the Primarchs were effectively living Gods, there's no way you could balance that sort of power for a 28mm wargame.
So..... what is horus heresy? more space marines?

Da Crusha
The vast majority of the books are actually pretty darn good IMHO. I'd be interested to get a perspective from someone who doesn't know the story, as any 40k fan has some huge and obvious spoiler issues plot-wise.

Skink:

I would actually like to know what other races did during the Heresy. I mean, Tau technically were still fighting with spears and bows and Tyranids still were in another galaxy.

But what about Eldars, Dark Eldars and Orks?
If I were an Eldar Harlequin I would’ve taken advantage from the situation to loot Earth’s archives.
Craft Worlds could have supported Chaos against Imperials for obscure reasons and vice versa.

Orks could have invaded whole solar systems.

Dark Eldars could have enslaved billions of creatures.

Without considering Exodites and the relief breath they took when they saw Imperial forces retreating to Earth…

Samanos:

I would actually like to know what other races did during the Heresy. I mean, Tau technically were still fighting with spears and bows and Tyranids still were in another galaxy.

But what about Eldars, Dark Eldars and Orks?
If I were an Eldar Harlequin I would've taken advantage from the situation to loot Earth's archives.
Craft Worlds could have supported Chaos against Imperials for obscure reasons and vice versa.

Orks could have invaded whole solar systems.

Dark Eldars could have enslaved billions of creatures.

Without considering Exodites and the relief breath they took when they saw Imperial forces retreating to Earth...

Skink
well some of the eldar tried to stop the heresy (Ulthwe craftworld) but after they failed to kill fulgrim i think they left humanity to fend for itself.

Dark eldar propably still in commogorath i think they first appeared after the heresy..

as for the orks, well the heresy took place within the conquered galaxy so it was supposed to be clean of any xenos (at least in theory). Plus i think that loyals and heretics were too busy killing each other to care about the reenskins or any other alien.

rpitts2004:

I have a feeling they will release the primarchs (ok, im starting this rumor, but i hope it works)

brotsorrow
I seriously hope not. I'd love to see some of the characters and races from the Heresy introduced, but the Primarchs were effectively living Gods, there's no way you could balance that sort of power for a 28mm wargame.

AGPO

Angron Primarch of the World Eaters is in the game.

Here is a link to the datasheet for apocalpyse
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2110495_The_Battle_for_Armageddon