[Archive] Jaakko's back in action! [August 12th - Land Ahoy!]

Jaakko:

Oh boy, it’s been over a year since I last visited the site. I lost my interest in Chaos Dwarfs around a year or so when I started to pick up some Beastmen (Beasts of Chaos around that time still) and started to paint and play with them. Then, after finishing a herd worth 2000 points, I took a look at Tomb Kings. I’ve been playing with TK since then.

Recently I dug around in our local store and found my old Chaos Dwarfs in a bag. Some of you might even remember what they used to look like:

I laughed when I saw them! So many good old memories!

With the upcoming release of Tamurkhan and all the other good stuff I just had to start making a new CD force again. I got a free Mantic Dwarf (not Abyssal!) from my local store, found one of those ‘hats’ used for my old CDs (the hats that Tjub uses), some green stuff and bits and got it started.

Here is the result:

I used a round base because I don’t like Mantic’s own bases for some reason and the model was already glued on to the round base (was probably going to be a model for a Blood Bowl team or something). It’s a testmodel, and I like it! I’m probably going to make an army of these guys.

Also, I started a new thread here although I have an old thread, but I thought it would make more sense to start a fresh one rather than bumping an over-a-year old thread.

So expect some updates in the near future…

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

Admiral:

Looks like a proper headgear! This is a promising log. :slight_smile:

Thommy H:

Wow, that’s a pretty massive improvement! And, as I always say with anyone who produces a great looking Mantic Dwarf figure, an excellent job with substandard materials. Looking forward to seeing a whole army of these guys.

nitroglysarine:

Yay! mantic!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

tjub:

Wow, that's a pretty massive improvement! And, as I always say with anyone who produces a great looking Mantic Dwarf figure, an excellent job with substandard materials. Looking forward to seeing a whole army of these guys.

Thommy H
Word.

cornixt:

That is a pretty impressive hat.

Abecedar:

Great to see blokes coming back, but two other armies within a year. C’mon that was just so you could practice on the lesser races wasn’t it.

Thorne:

Wow, that's a pretty massive improvement! And, as I always say with anyone who produces a great looking Mantic Dwarf figure, an excellent job with substandard materials. Looking forward to seeing a whole army of these guys.

Thommy H
Of course you are entitled to your own opinion but I actualy like mantics takes on dwarves. Sure they have real feet and knees to booi but sub standard is a harsh insult. I think the big problem that many have is they cant see the potential these folks have. Great work turning one into a big hat can't wait to see more.

Jaakko:

Great to see blokes coming back, but two other armies within a year. C'mon that was just so you could practice on the lesser races wasn't it.

Abecedar
I've always been the one playing with the not-so-common armies here in our local tournaments. Became 3rd with Beastmen in our last tournament, and even got the first spot in the "best sporstmanship" category!

And I actually might have to correct myself... It has been over TWO years since I made my first Chaos Dwarfs!

Expect more stuff and updates tomorrow!

vulcanologist:

Fantastic stuff! Great to see more big hats ! Excellent paintjob too by the way!

Bolg:

Wow, thats a nice 2nd go at Chaos Dwarves! keep the good stuff coming (:

Jaakko:

Got some stuff done today:

This is about how the normal warriors will look like:

Maybe I’ll throw some paint on them tomorrow if I have time!

Admiral:

Who knew Mantic Dwarves could look so good with a proper headgear? Nice standard bearer, besides.

vulcanologist:

Good stuff. The standard bearer looks especially nice and like I’ve already said the big hats look great!

nitroglysarine:

Who knew Mantic Dwarves could look so good with a proper headgear? Nice standard bearer, besides.

Admiral
:( ......

JMR:

Admiral
:( ......

nitroglysarine
Haha! I feel your pain :P

Where are you stealing the horns on their hats from, Jaakko?

Jaakko:

Where are you stealing the horns on their hats from, Jaakko?

JMR
They are all from different Beastmen sprues. Here is also a picture of the new gaming table that arrived at my local store. Can't wait to play on it!

Bolg:

that’s a very lovely display table! but it will be hell to play on it, those modular hills are a night mare to move units over, models slide down and cant be placed properly…

Keep us updated on your army progress, there is no such thing an to many pictures (:

nitroglysarine:

That table is EPIC!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Jaakko:

Forgot to include this piece:

The table actually still has two additional Realm of Battle tiles, which currently are place behind a window for display. That piece is one of the pieces that still are going to be on the table. The whole table:

Anyway, back to the actual Chaos Dwarf project. I’m going to be gone for the weekend, but expect some painted dwarfs next week! I’ve also started to work on some characters and I also have some awesome ideas for a couple of warmachines!