[Archive] Juggernaut shields

Will Liam:

OK guys - quick question if someone can help - did the old metal chaos dwarf juggernaut come with the shields for the sides or not? �?" cheers Will :cheers

Pyro Stick:

As far as I know it didn’t come with any, you were just meant to throw on the generic shields of the time.

Will Liam:

Cool �?" I�?Tm in the process of buying one and needed to know if its complete - cheers Pyro

cornixt:

The catalogue page doesn’t list them, although it does show them on the constructed model.

Abecedar:

I just used whatever I had at hand, I tried to make them all a bit different to indicate captures from many battles and the like.

I think one is even an antique New South Wales Ambulance Service button.

Admiral:

Chaos Marauder shields are always a safe bet.

Will Liam:

Thanks Cornixt ill look it up - Ha-ha I can see how buttons could work, the metal army ones, also marauder shields �?" I have an image in my head of metal dragon, giant and monster heads up there with the shields as well and the Chaos Dwarf Juggernaut being pushed by two Juggernauts of Khorne with a double chariot harness attached to the back.

Skink:

the Juggernaut being pushed by two Juggernauts of Khorne with a double chariot harness attached to the back.

Will Liam
Hashut's burning beard. That's epic.

Enjoysrandom:

Will you need to get onto this juggernaut chariot! Great idea!

Admiral:

Very good idea, though it could look better if the Khorne look was toned down. Perhaps by giving the Juggers big bull horns, or even using flaming bulls to pull them? Just a random idea. Good luck with it all in any case. :slight_smile:

Tertius:

OK guys - quick question if someone can help - did the old metal chaos dwarf juggernaut come with the shields for the sides or not? �?" cheers Will :cheers

Will Liam
I think I saw one in an image search that had Bull's heads posted around the sides.

Aron:

Did you get the one from ebay that just ended?

Abecedar:

I also have an old memory of an option instead of shields. It could have been from one of Thommy H’s older rule-sets.

It was to have the skins of enemies tacked to the sides of the walls

Will Liam:

G�?Tday Enjoys random and skink- I hope it will look good. I think it�?Ts going to pretty heavy too �?" Admiral I think your right, horns on them may look better and help them blend in. I have two Khorne juggernauts in my bits box so I think I�?Tll save some cash and stick with using them. Abecedar the skins would look cool as well but I�?Tm no good with greenstuff lol and want to keep everything metal on it, thanks for the idea though, I like the feedback �?" Aron yep got it from eBay - there where two for auction one in the UK and one in the USA. I bid on the UK one and got it for $250au posted. The one in the USA just sold for $337au not posted so I think I did ok…maybe …I don�?Tt know…haha hope so?

Pyro Stick:

I also have an old memory of an option instead of shields.  It could have been from one of Thommy H's older rule-sets.  
It was to have the skins of enemies tacked to the sides of the walls

Abecedar
That was from my original rules for the juggernaut. I thought i had actually removed them from the revised version of the rules as a few people thought it didnt really fit the fluff. I dont think it would really suit the model either but it was just to provide options.

A juggernaut is basically worth what you are willing to pay for it but if its complete its worth at least £100 with just the one level.

Enjoysrandom:

I normally watch eBay like a hawk, I have seen the juggernaut go past $500 aud in the past and I would think your purchase was a reasonable one Will.

Also the khorne juggernauts will look good with your paint styles!

Admiral:

That was from my original rules for the juggernaut. I thought i had actually removed them from the revised version of the rules as a few people thought it didnt really fit the fluff. I dont think it would really suit the model either but it was just to provide options.

Pyro Stick
It is a good option, and fits the Chaos Dwarf background (with its Assyrian cruelty basis) perfectly. We even have a tutorial which can be used to achieve the flayernaut. My advise is to reintroduce the flayed hide option. The more, the merrier.

Will Liam:

Hi Pyro - It has two levels so I thinks it�?Ts about on the money - I�?Tve just googled to see if I could find the price on one and found something from this site in the market place 2014 talking about one selling for 590GBP on eBay �?" man that�?Ts a lot of cash to be spending on one back then. That�?Ts about $1000au!

Pyro Stick:

It is a good option, and fits the Chaos Dwarf background (with its Assyrian cruelty basis) perfectly. We even have a tutorial which can be used to achieve the flayernaut. My advise is to reintroduce the flayed hide option. The more, the merrier.

Admiral
Rules are here if anyone wants to test them out or improve on them. Ive never playtested them myself so no idea how balanced they are:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/wiki/index.php?title=Pyro_Stick%27s_Fan_Rules#Revised_Juggernaut_Rules
Hi Pyro - It has two levels so I thinks it�?Ts about on the money - I�?Tve just googled to see if I could find the price on one and found something from this site in the market place 2014 talking about one selling for 590GBP on eBay �?" man that�?Ts a lot of cash to be spending on one back then. That�?Ts about $1000au!

Will Liam
Yeah its the kind of model thats had its price fluctuate a lot over the years. I remember when i started in the hobby about twelve years ago that i was offered one for about £80 but i was just a kid then and couldn't afford it. You see them go for around £50 now if they are missing the boar centaur and towers but for a couple of years people were paying crazy prices for them. I would really like another Whirlwind (first one cost me ten or twenty pounds) but now every chaos dwarf item on ebay seems to be buy it nows and they are all way too expensive for me. If you have been after the juggernaut for a while then that was a a good price. Its an awesome model.

Abecedar:

Thanks Thommy. I forgot about the Fear & terror rules and was only thinking of options for adornment on the Jug’