[Archive] June Chaos Dwarf Releases

Time of Madness:

I have confirmed that June will see the release of the following from Forgeworld related to Chaos Dwarfs.

- 1 War machine

- 2 or 3 character models

I’m not 100% sure, but I believe 2 of the characters will be the following

- Sorcerer Prophet

- Castellan???

These were the only 2 character models on display at some of the events, which leads me to believe they will be some of the first characters released.

Now as far as war machines go I believe we have seen everyone from event pictures. Does anyone have some thoughts on what the war machine will be released?

If anyone is planning on making some purchases of the current stuff you may want to wait until the June releases are out. This way you can take advantage of the free shipping for orders over 250.00 GBP.

Time of Madness

Pyro Stick:

Ive been waiting for those two character models. Ill be ordering them straight away. Dont think ill get any of the war machines unless theres some for under £20.

Nazhur:

I want those characters too. They are on my number one list too :slight_smile:

Time of Madness:

£20? I’d expect all the warmachines to be priced similar to the iron daemon.

If the command is £16 for the infernal guard I think that will be similar to what they price the individual characters at.

Looks like I’ll be dropping over £250 in June :frowning:

Time of Madness

Pyro Stick:

What about the magma cannon and the demolition rocket? They look no where near the size of the iron deamon. I think the Iron Deamon is probably going to be the most expensive cd war machine and all the others will be cheaper. I think the characters will be around £10 each.

secret apprentice:

I would say the most expensive war machine will be the dread mortar, its the biggest and will come with the ogre for sure. I would expect that to be more expensive then the iron daemon.

Personally i was very pleased will all the prices so far and on the advance orders first day i got myself 23 infernal guard, 10 with fireglaves and the iron daemon and i cant wait for the rest :slight_smile:

Time of Madness:

What about the magma cannon and the demolition rocket? They look no where near the size of the iron deamon. I think the Iron Deamon is probably going to be the most expensive cd war machine and all the others will be cheaper. I think the characters will be around £10 each.

Pyro Stick
Actually looking at the magma cannon and the rocket launcher again you are right. They are smaller then the iron daemon, which should in theory make the price a bit cheaper.

I can't see the characters only being £10...Look at the characters from the finecast release...the basic ones on foot come in at £14.50.

Time of Madness

ChungEssence:

Cheers for the update

unheilig:

Love those characters, but most looking forward to warriors, blunderbusses, and bull centaurs. Once those models are released, it gets REAL.

Pyro Stick:

Pyro Stick
Actually looking at the magma cannon and the rocket launcher again you are right. They are smaller then the iron daemon, which should in theory make the price a bit cheaper.

I can't see the characters only being £10...Look at the characters from the finecast release...the basic ones on foot come in at £14.50.

Time of Madness

Time of Madness
These arent fiencast, they are forge world. Which is now cheaper lol. I looked at some of the DKoK and things like the Death Riders are £12.25 and the commisar is £10.20.

fonejaker:

i have to agree with “pyro” on this, Wasn’t the event only Hellsmith only £10?

Pyro Stick:

i have to agree with "pyro" on this, Wasn't the event only Hellsmith only £10?

fonejaker
It was £9.20. I was going to suggest this price but then i thought that it sounded a bit low for FW so it was probably an event only price for an event only model. But if they turn out to be £9.20 i will be very happy.

nitroglysarine:

i have to agree with "pyro" on this, Wasn't the event only Hellsmith only £10?

fonejaker
Interesting use of the word 'only' there ;)

fonejaker:

Considering most of GW dwarf characters are £8-£12, I can firmly agree with paying £10 for a clearly better quality and often more pleasant to paint model.

nitroglysarine:

True comparably it looks good, but I still think £10 for a single 28mm model as a standard is expensive even for a character model.

MartyF:

Looks like I'll be dropping over £250 in June :(

Time of Madness
And me!

Does anyone have definite date on the book yet?  Are we still looking at July sometime?

fonejaker:

I think il convert the sorcerer to be stood on a stone plinth and be stone from the waist down, then have him doing carried on the back of an orc

wallacer:

I’m not really a big hat fan, but I do quite like the way they’ve done the hats on those figures.

klemanius:

£10? In OZ its $26 (£16) for a finecast model. Sounds like an absolute steal to me…

…which is very, very sad.

Fallen246:

I concur Klemanius.

But the sorc-prophet needs a bigger hat.