[Archive] Just Playing Chaos Dwarf Advocate

Tyrelli:

From a “Big Picture” Point of View would GW do another Chaos “type” army … we already have Beastmen, Chaos Warriors and Deamons, would a 4th be overkill ? … thats not counting Skaven a sort of chaos type army …

Also how would we be pictured … the Skaven cureently have the Tech nish coverd …

So where would we fit in ?

I personally think there is room but we would need an identity …

Perhaps the slave army is the route to go down ? many other races + monsters + warmachines but not many CD’s

Or would we be better hoping for CD’s to make the next Chaos warriors book as hero / magic choses ?

Infact a Warriors of Chaos army with a few CD’s heros / Magic users and war machines might be a nice compromise

Thoughts

Grimstonefire:

The skaven are not really chaos as such, they are first and foremost walking rats.  This does leave it completely open for an evil techno army in warhammer.  Steampunk is also missing in warhammer, and that is a proven niche that sells well generally in fantasy settings.

So imo we should expect mid-heavy steampunk with lots of war machines. Steampunk hobgoblins would be interesting…

Sjoerdo:

Every hero needs an arch enemy so every race needs an ‘evil’ counterpart!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Chaos Cathay.

Undead Rodin with smoking eyes!

Warhammerman:

Or Chaos Chaos!  :D :slight_smile:

What?

BilboBaggins:

There are Chaos Elves (Dark Elves), Men (Warriors of Chaos), Beasts (Beastmen and Skaven), as well as Daemons. Why shouldn’t there be Chaos Dwarfs. Even though I joke that CD aren’t really Chaos, just mutated by the winds Chaos.

Yes I could DE and Skaven as part of Chaos.

Kera foehunter:

um there going to do chaos dwarfs so there your army Mr.Advocate !

Warhammerman:

There are Chaos Elves (Dark Elves), Men (Warriors of Chaos), Beasts (Beastmen and Skaven), as well as Daemons. Why shouldn't there be Chaos Dwarfs. Even though I joke that CD aren't really Chaos, just mutated by the winds Chaos.

Yes I could DE and Skaven as part of Chaos.

BilboBaggins
Yeah skaven and Dark Elves are chaosy enough. (well they are more evil than most races) As a matter of fact I have known some people around my gaming store to actually refer to them as Chaos Elves. :o

Haven't had chaos rats though :)

Tyrelli:

um there going to do chaos dwarfs so there your army  Mr.Advocate !

Kera foehunter
Lets hope sooner rather than later :)

Warhammerman:

um there going to do chaos dwarfs so there your army  Mr.Advocate !

Kera foehunter
Yeah...but when? :)

Bolg:

I dont think Dark Elfs have anything to do with Chaos (or I’m missing a bit of fluff here) for one thing not everything evil is Chaos.
And for what ive read about Chaos dwarfs, calling them “chaos” dwarfs is actually a bad play, it should be Dark/Evil/hell/beast/demon/Tainted Dwarfs as they do not worship the 4 chaos gods (but do some pretty evil thing to demons). they are as much chaos as the Kislevites.

BilboBaggins:

DE - You have the Cult of Slaanesch and the ongoing argument that Khaine and Khorne are two sides of the same god (Blood for the Blood God)

I joking refer to my Chaos Dwarfs as Dark Dwarfs, the reason for referring to them as Chaos Dwarfs is that they were mutated by the release of Chaos into the world (their holds weren’t deep enough to protect them).

Bolg:

I stand corrected DE (at least the cult od slaanesch) are very Chaos indeed. And I understand the reason why they are called chaos dwarfs, I just dont totally agree (:

Scion:

I think CD would fit well into a slave army niche, imagine Skaven numbers bolstered by a few (vertically challenged) :slight_smile: but awesome warriors enhanced with the best money (greed, jealousy and power) can buy (or steal). A sort of masses helped (whipped) by the-not-masses.