[Archive] Just wanted to say

Fallen246:

…how much I appreciate you guys.

There’s a few reasons, some of which are forum related, some of which are Warhammer related.

Even if I don’t have much of a post count here I am still visiting the site nearly every day, and one thing I’ve noticed is first and foremost, a sheer lack of trollin’. And flaming. And the levels of utmost acceptance. I mean, my grammar’s not the best, and alot of the time how I word things makes me sound like a 12 year old, but that seems to be of no consequnce to you guys. This forum makes me feel welcome, which compared to some other forums which will not be named.

I mean, I haven’t even begun assembling my Chaos Dwarves yet! (I’m still gathering parts from my WoC, DoC and BM armies that are still being bought :P)

In regards to the non-discrimination with warhammer related discussions: You guys here don’t seem to get irritated when someone doesn’t know an army’s rules. You guys clearly understand not everyone has every book, and not everyone memorizes evewry rule for every guy at every time they possibly can.

Regardless, sorry for ranting, but thankyou once again for being such a wonderful forum.

(P.S. Hats and Masks FTW)

The Stormchild:

I agree fully!

This place has a great atmosphere to it.

I feel a real sense of community when posting here.

I guess when it comes to a website based on one army everyone has something in common and can get along.

:slight_smile:

Anonymouse:

Wait, what: are we supposed to troll then? Awww man… :stuck_out_tongue:

Serious: I feel the same, when I compare this to other sites (TWF, and to some lesser extent Warseer as well) there’s no rudeness or putting-down. At least, I haven’t seen this so far and I hope it stays that way.

Which is rather surprising since everyone here is interested in at least one army that’s supposed to be arrogant, wicked, cruel and plain nasty :smiley:

Baggronor:

You guys here don't seem to get irritated when someone doesn't know an army's rules.
That's what happens when most people don't even know your army exists :)
army that's supposed to be arrogant, wicked, cruel and plain nasty
We prefer the term Extreme Capitalists.

Anonymouse:

D’oh!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Willmark:

Thanks guys!

All to often the staff (me in particular) get unfairly seen as being tyrannts when I think we are not. We apply a soft touch believe it or not and give everyone the benefit of the doubt. In my case I’m tough, but at the same time I’m fair with everyone. Where trouble looms is when I have to point out the unpleasantries of behavior on the site, failing that it’s my lightsaber…

In all seriousness as a community you could not ask for a better Staff. We don’t act out of spite or malice and always have sites well being first and foremost in mind. There will be rough patches, we try to minimize them. I have never seen a more dedicated bunch.

As far community goes we have an impressive one here and one that I am proud to be part of.  A community is only as good as it’s members: old faces leave and return new ones arrive as well.

Perhaps it is our perdiciment that makes us who we are.

warh:

that’s exactly why i like this forum so much

Zanko:

that's exactly why i like this forum so much

warh
I utterly agree! :hat off

@  Fallen246: I also don't know the actual rules! I began to play with the 3rd edition rules and stopped playing with the 6th edition! In my feeling here at CDO it's not important if you are a regular gamer or just (like me) a "smooth" collector for being accepted!

:hashut

Captain Crayon:

I’d just like to say i like it here too.

I’m a member of a hot rod forum, and if you arent the mod’s mate, you find your posts and threads dissappearing regularly…

they have a for sale section thats only for car related things, but if you’re the mod’s mate its quite alright to sell a fridge.

if you don’t do it the ‘right way’ you’re bagged out.

Yay CDO and yay hats!:hat off

Nicodemus:

@  Fallen246: I also don't know the actual rules! I began to play with the 3rd edition rules and stopped playing with the 6th edition! In my feeling here at CDO it's not important if you are a regular gamer or just (like me) a "smooth" collector for being accepted!

Zanko
I'm lumped in with with category as well... Hobby all the way!!!

Thanks CDO members and admins for an amazing experience and fun ride.

~N

Ronshank:

I’ve been a member of plenty of boards in my time and this one is by far the most understanding, nice, plesent, friendly…I could go on… forum I have come across. It has all the information I need, great members, lots of enuthiaism (? spell), no one gets creeped out at my bad spelling, no one yells at me for adding my 2cents, it’s a very active site were all quires are answered pretty darn fast and usally by someone who either knows a good deal, is willing to look it up or will find out for you. Not to mention no one gets in your face if your conversions are lame or your painting is bad, all tips seem to be given in a guenuine attempt to either encourage or improve someones work. I love that and I do think it comes from a guenuine wish to get our side of the hobby out there, to keep it alive, fresh and thriving weather you collect, once loved them back when they had armies, played them when they had armies, are playing them currently, are interested in them, converting them or just want to be part of a nice friendly GW hobby. That is rare and it’s awesome to be a part of

Oh and I don’t want to forget all the work that members and members of staff put in to make this site and all it’s projects as professional as possible. It’s what makes this place the gem it is

Fequiil:

Serious: I feel the same, when I compare this to other sites (TWF, and to some lesser extent Warseer as well) there's no rudeness or putting-down.

Anonymouse
in my case it's compared to CoTeC(chamber of the everchosen) but i feel the same way.
much thanks too the forum! :hat off

snowblizz:

It’s only the ironfisted rule and the cruel whips of the mods that are keeping us in line!

:stuck_out_tongue:

I guess when it comes to a website based on one army everyone has something in common and can get along.

The Stormchild
You’d think, but I can tell from experience this is not necessarily the case.

Fallen246:

The Stormchild
You'd think, but I can tell from experience this is not necessarily the case.

snowblizz
Not naming any names, but this is part of what brought about the creation of this thread.

The other part being me realising just how good this forum is by comparison to that forum and others.

Xander:

Aww, shucks. :slight_smile:

I like this place too. :smiley:

The Stormchild:

The Stormchild
You'd think, but I can tell from experience this is not necessarily the case.

snowblizz
Ah yes, I agree.
In any community there is always going to be those who spoil it for others, but the majority of people here get along.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Could be worse.

EDIT: Thought I’d add that I love this place and it’s generally easy to run. Everyone is decent, usually polite, damned near always friendly and it’s a great place to be, so well done to all and a round of applause for the rest of the staff,w ithout whom, this place would wilter and fester and go all nurgley :wink:

Anonymouse:

Aww, shucks. :)

Xander
"We wuv you too" :D

Oh crap, can't believe I said that... Ignore the temporary relapse into something that resembled emotion, please! ;)

Willmark:

Getting kinda girly in here, let’s go dent some fenders and drink some beer!

Hashut’s Blessing:

dents beer and drinks fenders Done, sir!