[Archive] K'daai Destroyer Conversion

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Nice bull! But it kind of looks like he ate at Taco Bell :o

Thommy H:

... anyone have a good lava tutorial?  ;)

ryanamandaanna
Mine appears in the second issue of Word of Hashut, I think. Here's an example.

Galladorn:

Yeah, the flames are pretty bad. The reason for the flaming anus is the tail that looks very natural and cow-like. Had to make it look a lil bit evil. When in doubt, light it on fire.

Wifstrand:

Finished!  I wish I was better at lava in general, but I'm pretty happy with how this turned out...

ryanamandaanna
Dude, I love this. At first I was critical of using a D&D miniature, let alone an unbound Fire thingy, bit it's absolutely wonderful! Mind if I copy?

theforgefather:

my WIP k’daai is so tiny compared to yours. it’s only about 3 inches high, and 2 inches wide

Castellan:

Some really nice conversions here. The "Cow " one is splendid! :slight_smile:

ChungEssence:

The Elemental looks wonderfull!!

DAGabriel:

Like this lava tutorial:

Lava tutorial - Base for Taxxis • Chest of Colors

ryanamandaanna:

So… I’ve been reworking this. I added some stuff since it seemed so plain. I’ll take a wip pic and post in a bit. I’m trying to make it look like a larger version of my K’daai Fireborn, so it has more flailing appendages and such; plus, I filled all the cracks and made the base more sensible. Once I apply a bit of green stuff, it’ll be ready to paint again. Stay tuned! :wink:

ryanamandaanna:

alrighty, here is the wip-- many thanks to Tjub for the elmers glue suggestion. I love the way the bottom turned out texture-wise!

I initially thought the destroyer should be bigger than the bale taurus, but the way I had it they were about the same height.  With the mechanical arms, it gives it an inch or two advantage:

And here are two wips for my K’daai fireborn.  I should have a full unit of 6 soon (waiting on two heads)…

Manburner:

Fireborn:

Bassman:

Great improvement to a already cool miniature!

I would add sort-of corrosion effect to the armor plates. Just to give the idea that heat and magic consumed the metal a little bit.