[Archive] K'daai destroyers

wallacer:

Well, i’m thinking I might start converting me a K’daai Destroyer.

What’s the genenral consensus on base size? I’m guessing 50mm.

Baggronor:

The Destroyer is the big monster version, right?

I would guess it would be the gigantinormous Zombie Dragon base that is only a little smaller than my bedroom. It is WF after all.

Nicodemus:

My guess would be 40mm. They’re classified as Monstrous Infantry… and 2 W. So based on the Wounds and Troop Type, that’s the most likely base size IMHO

Baggronor:

I think the K’Daai are the regular 40mm monstrous infantry and the K’Daai Destroyer is the huge monster version, no? Or am I making stuff up?

Nicodemus:

Duh… you’re right. The Destoryer is classified as a Monster with 6 W and has the Large Target special rules. So I’d guess larger than 50mm. Maybe a Dargon or Giant-sized base?

Thommy H:

Chariot base would work, yeah. But there’s precedent for the Arachnarok size with the Zombie Dragon/Terrorgheist. Whatever you prefer, I guess.

Baggronor:

You just know that whatever size you go for will be the wrong one :wink:

Hashutsep:

As per base sizes, I think it will be the same as with Dragon Ogres/Shaggot.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Go for 50mm as you can always stick that on a bigger one and the majority of monsters are still currently on 50mm bases. Storm of Magic also gives pretty much everything Large Target anyway.

cornixt:

I’d guess it is meant to be on a 50x100mm base, but maybe larger. Thank you GW for continuing with your policy of making rules that depend on base size but with no base size written for each unit in their rules.

Baraz Gorechain:

A whot?

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Nicodemus:

A whot?

Baraz Gorechain
It's one of the entries in the draft version of the Throne of Chaos rules for the Chaos Dwarf army. The K'daai Fireborn are a special choice and are daemonic constructs, kind of like golems powered by fire daemons. The K'daai Destoryer is a suped-up Rare choice version.

~N

wallacer:

You just know that whatever size you go for will be the wrong one ;)

Baggronor
Yeah I know....

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think i'll just attach it to a 50mm base for painting purposes but not do any actual basing until i'm sure that's what it is meant to be on.

I wish GW would just have an extra entry in the stat line for base size. The cynic in me makes me think that proxying models like i'm doing is the precise reason they don't.

Baraz Gorechain:

Thanks, Nicodemus!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I think it’s stupid that they don’t because they say to use the base the model is supplied with: conversions from smaller models allows smaller bases and making units/creatures that haven’t yet got models proves tricky (I wonder of we have any examples, lol :smiley: ).

cornixt:

When GW first started creating new units that had never had any models or fluff before, I thought it was so that they could convince people with old armies to buy new models rather than just the new army book. Then they made loads of new rules and didn’t even plan to make models. There must be quite a few now, especially in the Beastman book.