[Archive] K'Daaii Destroyer?

wallacer:

Not sure if this has been posted here before (apologies if it has).

http://bloodkeepminiatures.com/product/azrat-firestorm/

Abecedar:

I think it looks quite appropriate

Grimbold Blackhammer:

I got mine a few weeks ago. I’m terrified to try and paint it! But everyone who sees it stops at my table to ask where I got it =)

Zanko:

I got mine this week and it’s real cool model. :hat off

I also don’t started painting yet … lack of time is the problem! :~

:hashut

Aequitas :

I got mine this week and it's real cool model. :hat off

I also don't started painting yet ... lack of time is the problem! :~

Zanko
How does it look on a big base? Seeing as it is supplied with a 50x50 normally I was wondering if he wouldn't be to small.

Admiral:

That is a splendid fire demon model. Should work for sure as a Destroyer, just as the Balrog does.

Malorndk:

It’s pretty cool but must be pretty small unless it’s forced on that 50*50mm base

Zanko:

I haven’t built a 150 x 100 mm base yet. If I have one I can make a pic if you want! :wink:

Aequitas :

I haven't built a 150 x 100 mm base yet. If I have one I can make a pic if you want! ;)

Zanko
Yes please and if possible also one next to a K'daai fireborn.

Basicly I love the model and have been eyeing it for a few weeks but if it is to small and just slightly bigger then a kdaai fireborn and looks small on a 100x150 I would pass.

Admiral:

It’d still make for a great Fireborn champion if that was the case.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

As requested! He fits quite nicely on a 50mm base.  My plan is to have a larger 100x150mm base that I can add my 50mm base to so that I can switch him between Kings of War and 9th Age games.

Admiral:

Sure big enough for a Destroyer. Thanks for scale shot, Grimbold! That convinced me to order one. It seems a must-have model for Chaos Dwarf players with fiery K’daai minis.

Aequitas :

Sure big enough for a Destroyer. Thanks for scale shot, Grimbold! That convinced me to order one. It seems a must-have model for Chaos Dwarf players with fiery K'daai minis.

Admiral
yep definately a must buy now that I see how huge he is compared to a fireborn. Might be nice to convert the heads of the FW fireborns to fit the horned daemon face, could give the slaaneshi claws as well. Only thing he needs is some filling of the base on the back i think he is wide enough to fill the 100mm and he seems to lean forward so he fills the front nicely as well.

Grimbold Blackhammer:

Mine had little flashing, good detail, and the pieces went together easily. I’ve never brought a model from these guys before but it’s a really excellent model and the casting was very well done. I recommend little in this world but everything about this model impressed me.

Admiral:

@Aequitas: For sure, nice ideas! Theming your Fireborn around the Destroyer makes for a neat thematic project. Funny thing is, I was going to do the reverse and tie in the Destroyer a bit more with the Fireborn, but only a little because the base model is ace. Lots of possibilities.

A heckload of flames on the base seem a must to sculpt, and maybe even glue on a stray Fireborn if a spare one can be found. Perhaps one or two generic flame spirit/fire demon fantasy models could be added to the flamebath on the large base? Lots of possibilities. :wink:

@Grimbold: Then that’s a recommendation. :cheers

Aequitas :

@Aequitas: For sure, nice ideas! Theming your Fireborn around the Destroyer makes for a neat thematic project. Funny thing is, I was going to do the reverse and tie in the Destroyer a bit more with the Fireborn, but only a little because the base model is ace. Lots of possibilities.

A heckload of flames on the base seem a must to sculpt, and maybe even glue on a stray Fireborn if a spare one can be found. Perhaps one or two generic flame spirit/fire demon fantasy models could be added to the flamebath on the large base? Lots of possibilities. ;)

@Grimbold: Then that's a recommendation. :cheers

Admiral
I was thinking about cutting off the lower part of the smoke (the mushroom effect part so to say) and have him come out a summoning pool like the one that was part of a GW building (with the 3 swirling skulls in it)
Lots of flames on the base maybe even some spirit hosts from GW painted as lesser fire daemons.

I need to think on it though. The model needs to be worth it in game as well. I'm playing 9th age (ABC and AS for Daemon Legions book actually) and seeing as the book is still under review I don't now the final rules/point costs for the Destroyer. They considerably lowered the price for the Siege Giant so running around with 2 Giants might be more interesting then 1 big bad Destroyer.

I would be very excited to change up the Fireborn, I don't like all their weapons, the chain weapons are not my cup of tea so seeing as I already wanted to do a weaponswap this seems like a great excuse for it :D

If he fits my playing style though then this will be a really fun project for sure!

Admiral:

Very nice summoning pool idea, not least the detail about spirit hosts! Going to copy the latter part. I look forward to see your finished Destroyer and Fireborn, should you start a log. As for games-worth, there’s always value in the option to choose either two Siege Giants, or one Destroyer, and given 9th Age’s balance it seems both options will always be viable. And most importantly, collect what one likes the look of, don’t admire the rules too much. :wink:

Aequitas :

Very nice summoning pool idea, not least the detail about spirit hosts! Going to copy the latter part. I look forward to see your finished Destroyer and Fireborn, should you start a log. As for games-worth, there's always value in the option to choose either two Siege Giants, or one Destroyer, and given 9th Age's balance it seems both options will always be viable. And most importantly, collect what one likes the look of, don't admire the rules too much. ;)

Admiral

I will definately start a blog I just ordered a ton of LOA (not a big hat fan) and the plan is to go for a lightgrey and gold/brass theme. Blunderbus heavy with a sprinkle of Orcs and not a single hobgoblin.

Your totally right about collecting what you like the look off I did that for my Nurgle Daemons, but they also taught me that having more relative cheap models helps a lot in my local tournament scene. Around here we have a lot of double tournaments where having a nicely painted GUO or Daemon Engine at home doesn't help you win best painted on tourneys where you can't fit them in your lists :D

Looking forward to you version :)

Petterwass:

I was thinking about cutting off the lower part of the smoke (the mushroom effect part so to say) and have him come out a summoning pool like the one that was part of a GW building (with the 3 swirling skulls in it)
Lots of flames on the base maybe even some spirit hosts from GW painted as lesser fire daemons.

Aequitas
There's even a pretty cool scenic 100x150mm base available that comes with a cool pool:

http://www.base-x-of-war.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=33_76&product_id=260

Aequitas :

I was thinking about this one, really hard to get but so cool.