[Archive] Kislev BB Team

Loidrial:

Hi there guys, I was swimming in my imagination sea thinking about blood bowl, at home i have 2 orcs team, 1 human and 1 khemri.

NONE of them is completed because i’m an awful person.

But aside from this I was imagining how cool would be a Kislev Team.

So I googled a bit around and found this:

FUMBBL :: Online Blood Bowl League

Some possible rules for them, and I was thinking:

Do you guys know any models that mught fit them? Ofc the old metal ones from GW are too expensive on ebay for a fun stuff to do, I was thinking to eventually spend…dunno…60 euro? more or less that was my top price.

I’m here waiting for your answers, because I know many of you know tons of companies that make minis similar to that. There must be XD

Cheers pals! :hat off

Dînadan:

You could try converting Wargames Foundry Cossacks: http://www.wargamesfoundry.com/our-ranges/seven-years-war/cossacks/cossack-collection-bcsywc001/

Or some of the Perry Miniatures Russians:

https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_28_72&products_id=2976&osCsid=qkc24gsso8mou52e37p4mcn7a3

Another alternative is possibly using Chaos Marauders. Sculpt fur trimmed waistcoats on to some and remove the horns from the helmets, or if going bareheaded use the Middenheimer heads from the Empire Knights box (eBay or use a bits site so you don’t have to buy the whole box).

Loidrial:

You could try converting Wargames Foundry Cossacks: http://www.wargamesfoundry.com/our-ranges/seven-years-war/cossacks/cossack-collection-bcsywc001/

Or some of the Perry Miniatures Russians:
https://www.perry-miniatures.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_28_72&products_id=2976&osCsid=qkc24gsso8mou52e37p4mcn7a3

Another alternative is possibly using Chaos Marauders.  Sculpt fur trimmed waistcoats on to some and remove the horns from the helmets, or if going bareheaded use the Middenheimer heads from the Empire Knights box (eBay or use a bits site so you don't have to buy the whole box).

Dînadan
thx for the advice, I'll take a look asap. the problem I have is my entire lack of sculpting skill. so many thigns for me are out of reach ._.

Bloodbeard:

Fur is the easiet thing to sculpt with grennstuff. Almost impossible not to make it work.

For a Kislev team i would simply go for Norse rules and stay official.

Use a polar bear for a snowtroll and bearmen for ulfwerners.

There was a DoW unit called something with bears and there are old GW kislev miniatures.

Loidrial:

Fur is the easiet thing to sculpt with grennstuff. Almost impossible not to make it work.

For a Kislev team i would simply go for Norse rules and stay official.

Use a polar bear for a snowtroll and bearmen for ulfwerners.

There was a DoW unit called something with bears and there are old GW kislev miniatures.

Bloodbeard
Making them Norse? I was thinking about classic humans (but that would be my 2nd human team...) might fit better actually the bear as snow troll instead of the ogre.
i'll go and search something. so far i have only 2 possible bears, the rest is total dust in my head

JMR:

Warlord Games Polish Winged Hussars

Look! Kislev Winged Lancers*

*Copyright, trademark, all rights reserved, don’t-steal-my-IP Games Workshop

Loidrial:

Warlord Games Polish Winged Hussars

Look! Kislev Winged Lancers*

*Copyright, trademark, all rights reserved, don't-steal-my-IP Games Workshop

JMR
Those are really interesting. Do you have any on foot? Or any legs that might fit? IDK about the classic imperial ones.

Geist:

I was going to say you would have to convert them to be on foot. Winged lancers were basically knights, and to be a knight is to be mounted. Meaning unless your in a duel or strutting around town your on a horse.

Also Perry twins make cool minis, talk about old school GW guys.

Perry twins were with GW back long time ago.

Abecedar:

Go for an all female team. Because all the men are away at war.

There is a gorgeous female dwarf team out there that you could play as dwarfs or norse or your imagined kislev

Dînadan:

Go for an all female team.  Because all the men are away at war.
There is a gorgeous female dwarf team out there that you could play as dwarfs or norse or your imagined kislev

Abecedar
Actually, unless I'm mistaken, in the BB universe didn't BB replace war? (That's why Greenskins, undead, Chaos, Skaven and so forth are able to compete with men, elves and dwarfs on the pitch without any trouble).

But if you did want to do a female team to stand out, you could try converting the Amazon minis and use the Amazon list.

Loidrial:

Go for an all female team.  Because all the men are away at war.

Abecedar
Actually, unless I'm mistaken, in the BB universe didn't BB replace war? (That's why Greenskins, undead, Chaos, Skaven and so forth are able to compete with men, elves and dwarfs on the pitch without any trouble).

But if you did want to do a female team to stand out, you could try converting the Amazon minis and use the Amazon list.

Dînadan
Actually idk about this eventual replacement of war. I think they just find excuses to bash themself in the face. I like to see it like this.
And yeah, there are already amazons so wouldnt matter much.
I'd like the idea of kislev army, i Always liked the army box in the old store i used to visit 10y ago (or was that the 40k version? dont remember clearly)
those furry hats, bald and mustaches. cmon. they are second only to CD! :hashut

Abecedar:

I was remembering a movie about the baseball league in USA when they created a women’s league because the men were away at ? WW2.

Go for a Kislev themed all girl squad.  Gotta have a squad of girls just to be different I reckon

Loidrial:

I was remembering a movie about the baseball league in USA when they created a women's league because the men were away at ? WW2.

Go for a Kislev themed all girl squad.  Gotta have a squad of girls just to be different I reckon

Abecedar
A kislev team would be already different enough imo. Already hard to find the pieces, never enough mustaches that i wont be able to fit on the girls.
but after looking at the general prices around and models i dont think i will be able to make it :(