[Archive] Kislev

ashur:

Anyone like, paint, and/or play with kislev allies?

Also, do yo feel their allied rule give them justice?

Malificant:

i know a few guys who use kislev allies. i think they are fine. they are a fun way to make a non-shooty competitive dwarf army.

the main guy who plays them uses them with a DOW army. winged lancers are deadly against skaven.

Yakumo-dono:

I used them with the dow, but i took no only a unit of winged but also one of kossars. I had them guard my war machines.

Malificant:

oh he used kossars. they are fun in seige games. stubborn, great weapons, bows, and steady in the ranks.

hal:

I’ve never used them but I do have the booklet of their rules. They look pretty good on paper as allies and the models are really nice.

AGPO:

They’re my next planned conversion project when the CDs are done. I like the idea of using them as an allied army to Kislev-themed dogs of war.

Willmark:

One of the WDs over the last two years had a great DoW army using the kislevite theme. Looked simply amazing.

AGPO:

Is that the one with the Bear riders using the Bearmen shields and middenheimer heads Wilmark?

ashur:

I saw that army. Back then I tried to find the bears they used. I never knew from wich army they came from.

Im on to anything from eastern europe, including a project I start but stoped. A “balkanized” VC army using kislevites.

Willmark:

Is that the one with the Bear riders using the Bearmen shields and middenheimer heads Wilmark?

AGPO
Nope, althogh I know which one that was too its was more like 4-5 years ago.

The one I'm talking about is issue #311 US December 2005 pgs 22-31 That army majorly kicks butt. The banners in it are the best part IMHO.

Kera foehunter:

i think the look cool but never thought of getting any. But the bear rider and then i put a dwarf on him

Willmark:

I saw that army. Back then I tried to find the bears they used. I never knew from wich army they came from.

ashur
The bears were from the Wood Elf army believe it or not. Back in 3rd edition (why is it that 3rd was sooo friggin cool!) Woodies had units called beast masters which lead units of wolves, cats or bears.

I bet if you search around the UK GW online store, you might (and I emphasize might) find them there.

ashur:

The bears were from the Wood Elf army believe it or not.

[/quote]

What? What a waste of good ideas. if they took the time of making a full kislev army those kind of things would still around here.

Warlord:

I have a sizable Kislev army (I think maybe a bit bigger than my Chaos Dwarves) using the DoW and Kislev Rules.

Models I use are:

- Winged Lancers

- Gryphon Legion

- Horse Archers

- Kossars

- Boyars

- Either Tzarina Katarin or Tzar Boris

- Mordhiem Kislev warband (had some great miniatures) as Halberdiers, Crossbowmen, Duelists, Characters

- Bloodbowl Norse team (a few models suit well)

- Imperial Guard Rough Riders

- Leopald’s Leopard Company (with bear skins)

- Some Dwarves

- A Light cannon (made from parts of an old Organ Gun, and the Steam Tank Cannon)

- Bears (from Reaper Miniatures) as Ogres

And a few other bits and pieces I can’t think of off the top of my head.

I haven’t actually used them to game with much though - only a few games with my Kislev under my belt.

Kera foehunter:

Boy!! i like to see that elf army does some one have a link???

zagor66:

who is Tzarina Katarin?is there a model representing her or is it the ice queen?i prefer middenland army , the elector counts talisman is exellent:cheers

gIL^:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/empire/kislev/1/

i have 2000 pts of kislev, mainly winged lancers and tzarina, two dogs of war heavy cav modeled like the conversions in the book

cost me a bomb but i love fielding them, always loved them models

Uzkul Werit:

The Tzarina is indeed the Ice Queen. Another Wizard Lord with a stupidly good sword.

AGPO:

I reckon you could do a Kislevite army pretty easily, with a little greenstuff:

Tzarina to lead the allies

Horse archers - Glade riders with marrauder torsos and goblin bows

Winged lancers - Same with converted spears from brass rod and GS, plus back wings taken from dark angels sets

Kossars - Marrauders with greatweapons and bows on backs (any number of sets you can get these from)

DoW contingent

Duelists - Mordheim warband

Cannon - converted dwarf/great cannon

Dwarf allies - normal boxed set

Pikemen - mild conversion work on empire spearmen

Crossbows - Empire militia set/handgunners box

Heavy cavalry - Empire knghts turned into PROPER gryphon legion - i.e. armoured

You could also add some ogre mercenaries to bulk out the army a bit

Willmark:

Boy!! i like to see that elf army does some one have a link????

Kera foehunter
Nope. Its in the 3rd edition army book. AFAIK there are no online scans of this.