[Archive] Lack of Tamurkhan

Hashut’s Blessing:

Been informed that less copies are going to be in store than planned (from 5 to 1 in one of my locals) because they’re selling so quickly. They’ve sold out or are close to online as well and are trying to print up a second batch - they didn’t realise that it would be so popular (despite having a CD list, stuff for all three Chaos armies and for Empire, plus scrolls of binding and rules for many of the new models etc).

Bad news - hard to get a Tamurkhan on release if you haven’t already preordered.

Good news - showing them we like it and maybe prompting more!

Time of Madness:

Glad they sold so many! Hopefully they realized Chaos Dwarfs have a large fan base. I’m still hoping they put out k’daai and bull centaurs to finish up the army.

Time of Madness

Method:

If they don’t banebeasts will…

wallacer:

Good news that they’re selling quickly. Hopefully it means FW are selling a huge number of CD figures.

Sales figures are the kind of thing that make GW sit up and take notice.

G.2:

I just called my local GW store, and I told them to hold one for me, as I am going on my lunch break to pick it up. My wife gave me some GW vouchers a few months ago. They only have 2 remaining in the store (I don’t know how many they had orginally).

I am in Melbourne, Australia.

Update: I ran out of time during my lunch break. so I didn’t get my book. But I have call the store and they have put a copy on hold for me, and I have the GW vouchers in my car, all ready for tomorrow’s lunch break.

furrie:

I got my book two days ago

Shef:

got mine last week, really hope this spurs GW into action

blackwolf.scortch:

Picked mine up from GW Rundle Mall today, last of 2 that arrived on Monday. And they are happy to call it an official list for their games, and apparently another player has already played in store with LoA!

cornixt:

I hope they fix some of the more obvious mistakes in it before they reprint.

Admiral:

Good news, although not too surprising for the first Forgeworld WHFB book. Of course the Empire and the three big Chaos armies’ stuff is a huge magnet, but perhaps CDs are selling well, too. Whilst I hope this will spur Warhammer Forge to do more CD miniatures, and perhaps even make GW proper release a few CD collector models or even a plastic warrior kit in the future, I have no expectations at all for CDs as a proper army in the coming five years.

I’m however disappointed that GW proper didn’t make a plastic DKoK kit despite huge sales for these fantastic miniatures (I’d buy a lot of plastic DKoK), so I don’t expect anything from GW proper in the way of Chaos Dwarfs.

ChungEssence:

"Picked mine up from GW Rundle Mall today, last of 2 that arrived on Monday. And they are happy to call it an official list for their games, and apparently another player has already played in store with LoA!

"

Heh… another Chaos Dwarfer. Klemenius (posts here) has played at the Rundle store using the list. I got my book from there also and will play at some stage. Great that they are allowing it.

klemanius:

Picked mine up from GW Rundle Mall today, last  of 2 that arrived on Monday. And they are happy to call it an official list for their games, and apparently another player has already played in store with LoA!
Yeah that be me.

Budd (the store manager) is cool like that, even let me run the Indy GT list for the better part of a year. (I think he has a soft spot for CDs, even showed me his old copy of WD presents CDs to me once)

Hope to see you guys down there soon!