[Archive] Lambe's attempt at some Dawi Zharr! (Updated 11/6/13)

ztlambe:

Hey guys, I’ll just keep this short for now, I’ve been working on my dwarfs and wanna show my current WIP.  Helps keep me motivated and all.

My Hobgobo Kahn

Hobgobo Kahn #2 (The Runts wanna come and play too!)

My attempts at a very WIP hobgobo

ztlambe:

What CD army would be complete without a K’daai Destroyer

(Figured I’d want to get him painted and going first… I dident want to show up at my store with some “action figure” lol)

And my Current 2250 Army, going to my first tourny (and my first CD GAMES!!! on sat) so wish me luck!  (I’m scared that my list could fit in a shoebox)

Abecedar:

keep them coming, fenrisian wolves are nice sculpts, a lot of people are using them now-a-days, and its always great to see WiP gobbo’s. but most of the photobucket pics didn’t download for me sadly.

ztlambe:

keep them coming, fenrisian wolves are nice sculpts, a lot of people are using them now-a-days, and its always great to see WiP gobbo's. but most of the photobucket pics didn't download for me sadly.

Abecedar
I'm actually using the LOTR wolves, the Warg's in particular lol, I'll see what I can do to make the pictures work, I'm still learning how to do it in a "forum"

NoisyAssassin:

Very cool Hobos!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Yodrin:

Very cool Hobos!

NoisyAssassin
Yea, nice work!!

Ghrask Dragh:

Oh my, im looking forward to this blog, great start with the hobbos.

3 on a wolf is a funny idea, get a bit of goblin craziness in there which we dont see on hobgoblins enough, I like it.

Good luck :hat off

Enslaver:

I agree those wolves are nice. I have yet worked on any hobgoblins myself, but have plans using mantic zombies & some generic green skin heads. did you use gLobnar heads?

Abecedar:

sorry… just assumed it was the fenrissians, those LoTR ones look just as good I think. and I like the fun take you are making with the Hobgob’s

ztlambe:

I agree those wolves are nice. I have yet worked on any hobgoblins myself, but have plans using mantic zombies & some generic green skin heads. did you use gLobnar heads?

Enslaver
Yup, I used Gnoblar heads, the the LOTR Urik Hai RAIDERS, I figured it was important to get the raider box for a few reasons. They have less armor on than the "full plate metal" other Urik Hai's, and you get 8 per box with a bow, and another 8 thats just holding a one handed sword and can easily replace the other hand with a bow (A buddy picked up some of those Highelf archers, the new kit, and is giving me 20ish bows from the "shadow hunters" as hes making the magic ones).

One warning though.. the UrikHai Raiders are one peice models, their heads are pretty "bricked on there... I had to do a good bit of carving to fit them, and then with gnoblar heads I'm going to need to do more greenstuff to fill out the skull. But I think the overall look of tall/lanky with big facial features is exactly what I'm looking for in a hobgobo.

ztlambe:

Well I did want to let you guys know, got my from my first 3 game tourny, and I won all 3 games! Rather resoundingly! I can write up a bit of batreps if you guys think that would be something worth reading.

Let me know!

ztlambe:

Wanted to show some of my current progress, as some new toys showed up in the mail!

And I start the painting!

Kera foehunter:

very very nice !! love your khan

ztlambe:

Got a little tired of the K’daai (and I wont pretend the buggers dident disapoint me a little over the weekend on the tabletop) So I decided to start on some of my core. Gotta say I’ve had to give them “great weapons” to hit the 25% I need currently… But a block with GW’s Hatred and the Razor standard has been doing some serious work…

This is my current WIP, I’m aiming to go with the color scheem shown in the book’s concept art. Basically this is tabletop till I come back, detail up the bronze more, and pick out the little bits of gubbins in their beards.

Yodrin:

Great work so far!!!

Fuggit Khan:

Got a little tired of the K'daai  (and I wont pretend the buggers dident disapoint me a little over the weekend on the tabletop)  So I decided to start on some of my core

ztlambe
Great start on your core units, even though I am not much of a fan of the FW models, I really like your choice of base colors for these guys and I'm looking forward to see more of how they will come along :hat off
Oh, and yeah, K'daai have a way of disappointing on the battlefield...they always seem to burn out :(

ztlambe:

Been busy with that darn real life as of late, but over the past week I’ve been able to get another 5 basic dudes up to tabletop standard.  Just wanted to show you guys that I haven’t died!

Soulassassin:

Good to hear you are alive and kicking :slight_smile:

One quick question: Looks like you have spray undercoated the models with a bronze color, am I right? How is that to paint over with other colors? and what type of basecoat have you used?

ztlambe:

Good to hear you are alive and kicking :)

One quick question: Looks like you have spray undercoated the models with a bronze color, am I right? How is that to paint over with other colors? and what type of basecoat have you used?

Soulassassin
Close but no Cigar. I actually prime bronze models like this with a warm brown tone. From there I essentially give it two heavy drybrushes of a bronze paint. After that, I use 2-3 light coats of the fleshshade wash to even out the metal, kill some of the sparkle and get this clearly metallic, but slightly strange brown metal. It's as simple as that. I can find the brand of paint/color if your interested.

Yodrin:

Nice unit, well done!!!