[Archive] lammassu ideas

asheira:

I’m thinking of making my own lammassu, but unfortunately I’m not sure where to start. I was thinking of using the great stag model I have that I never ended up using, but what should i use to make the head?

Hashut’s Blessing:

You can start with a giant/ogre head as a base, then use greenstuff for beard and hair/horns etc.

asheira:

what’s you opinion of the raging heroes manticore with Shedu/Sphinx head?

bigdark:

I think the Beastmen Ghorgon/Cygor box would be a great starting point - and then add any boxed wings Chaos Manticore, Dragons, etc.

The Ghorgon is ginormous and looks the part, horns & whatnot.

Quick shift in posture and you’ve got yourself a ride-a-bull. You would need to replace the front hands with hooves though.

Zanko:

what's you opinion of the raging heroes manticore with Shedu/Sphinx head?

asheira
If you want to use the Raging Heroes Shedu-head, then you can buy the complete model! It's a great one which needs no more conversion work imo!

But if you want to create your own unique model then you should use another cheaper basis for your conversion!

:hashut

Skink:

…I can’t find Xander’s post anymore but he made a fantabulous model out of GW’s plastic Manticore.

Edit: here you go.

Sherlocko:

Slap some wings on this fellow and you´ll have a pretty unique Lammasu! :slight_smile:

MIERCE MINIATURES - Flint-Fang, Kill-Thing of the Infernal Pits

cornixt:

The definition of lammasu seems to be getting pretty broad these days!

asheira:

Thank you guys for your ideas/advice!

Goltor Lintrepide:

Slap some wings on  this fellow and  you´ll have a pretty unique Lammasu! :)

http://www.mierce-miniatures.com/index.php?act=pro&pre=mrm_dkl_vrs_tcw_mbs_801_000

Sherlocko
Could also make a perfect dwarf warrior or even an awesome Hydra! ;P