[Archive] Lavindil's army blog

Lavindil:

I have to say I have been hesitant to make a blog or post any of my models on the site, because everybody does such great work here and it’s kind of intimidating.

but I thought that I’ll throw my stuff up and see what you guys think and get some feedback so here it goes

this is my box of pre chaos dwarf minis that i have to work on it’s all BFSP stuff

This is my first model I was so inspired by Snotlings Sorcerer when I first visited the site so i made this. it’s not much i didn’t have any GS at the time and I’m really impatient so I did this guy

This is my first CD unit it still needs it’s command.

this is the first painted guy

this is a Sneaky git I’m working on

these are the Death rockets in progress

So thats what I got so far it’s not much but it will do for now while i finish up my High Elves

I have a blunderbusses in the works and I’m trying to figure out how to do a bolt thrower so keep watching!

Ubertechie:

Welcome to the forum - and a very impressive start - don’t think that everyone on here is a converting or painting genius - I certainly am not - however what you will find is a very supportive community full of lots of advice.

Keep up the good work and BTW where did the metal rockets come from ?

Loki:

Welcome to the sight Lavindil great to have you with us :slight_smile:

Great start to your army as well, i am a big fan of death rockets so its good to see that some one else using them and converting some really great models for them keep up the good work :hat off

Kera foehunter:

what a nice small army!! i like your troops and death rockets

Lavindil:

Thanks for the nice welcome guys

@ ubertechie

I’m not completely sure where the rockets are from i found them in my game shops bitz box but I think they came from the metal storm boyz

however Tjub should know he used one of these in his death rocket

Zanko:

I must say really great conversions! :hat off

As you can see in the showcase I´m not able to make any real conversions! I only use existing minis and make only small changes … :sad

So you have not be be intimidated - at most I have to … cause I collect minis since a long time and are clumsy with the green stuff!

But to come back to your minis - really great Death Rockets :hat off,  I like especially the 2nd one.

Also cool helmets! :o

The only small aspect to criticize is the “normal” simple paint scheme be a bit more creative and brave :stuck_out_tongue:

:hashut

TLTG:

Yes! Another voodoo priest slayersorcerer! The infection is spreading… :smiley:

Looks like a great start!

furrie:

I will never make a voodoo pries slayersorcerer. I already started turning mine in a hero and lavindil nice start. as for a bolt thrower, you can use the grudge pony weagon for one, check my blog out for an example (link is in my sign)

tjub:

Thanks for the nice welcome guys

@ ubertechie
I'm not completely sure where the rockets are from i found them in my game shops bitz box but I think they came from the metal storm boyz
however Tjub should know he used one of these in his death rocket

Lavindil
The rockets are from the 2nd version of Ork Stormboyz.

Lavindil:

I thought thats where those rockets came from

@Furrie  I looked at you bolt thrower and I think i’m going to go make a bunch of them now :slight_smile:

it looks really good thanks

theforgefather:

Nice work Lavindil!

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

DAGabriel:

Happy BDay! And now shoo the guests away and start splashing some colors on the minis!

Nice conversions here!

:cheers

Zanko:

Hey guys!

Just have a look … Lavindil’s last visit was at 08-17-2009 04:31 PM so I don’t think he will read your comments! :frowning:

It’s a kind of threadomancy you do here … :wink:

:hashut

DAGabriel:

Oh, just looked at the last post. Hope he does have a birthday at all!

theforgefather:

Oh, sorry!! I misread the date of his last post in here! eek