[Archive] Legion of Azgorh vs Nehekharn Tomb Kings 1400pts

propervillanz:

Howdy all you evil doers out there.  I recently played a small battle with my buddy last week, i was playing the Legion of Azgorh list while he was playing as the 8th edition Tomb King List.  Long story short it was over in turn two.  Short story long, check out the battle report below.

[attachment=3385]
Army Lists
Chaos Dwarfs:
Deamonsmith 1 (120pts)
General
Level 1 Wizard- lore of fire: fireball
Dispel Scroll

Deamonsmith 2 (120pts)
level 1 wizard- lore of fire: fireball
Ruby Ring of Ruin

Deamonsmith 3 (105pts)
level 1 wizard-lore of fire: Flaming sword of ruin
Charmed Shield
Dragonbane Gem

10 Infernal Guard 1 (190pts)
Standard
Musician
Fireglaives

10 Infernal Guard 2 (195pts)
Standard- gleaming pennant
Musician
Fireglaives

Magma Cannon (145pts)
Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher: DSR (100pts)
Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher: DRL (100pts)
K’daai Destroyer (325pts)

Tomb Kings:
Supreme Hierophant Khatep
General
Level 4 (Loremaster, Armies Signature Lore)

Tomb Herald
BSB
Standard
Unknown magic standard
chariot

18 Skeleton Archers
Full Command
(Khatep here)

4 Skeleton Chariots
Full Command
(Herald Here)

3 Sphectural Stalkers

Necrosphinx
poisoned attacks

Screaming Skull Catapult
Upgrade to make panic tests -1 leadership

[attachment=3386]
Tomb Kings finisthed deploying first and got the +1 we roll of and both come up with 4 then 7 then he wins the roll off by 2 (all rolls include the +1) :o

Movement:
The chariot unit with the Tomb Herald move up the center of the board to prepare for a charge in the next turn and are just within range of the Fireglaivers
The Necrosphinx moves behind the chariot unit and awaits anything that will get withing charge range (It can fly so has a pretty substantial threat zone)
The Skeleton Archers move up to fire at whatever target they can reach.

Magic:
3 power dice versus 2 dispell dice (no sucessful channels on either side)
Khatep attempts to cast a Hex spell on the K’daai Destroyer with 2 dice that would reduce its movement and make it treat all terrain as dangerous, but he breaks concentration.

Shooting:
Skeleton Archers fire at K’daai Destroyer causing three hits that all fail to wound
Charioteers fire at the Magma Cannon causing 2 hits but no wounds
Screaming Skull Catapalt gets a direct hit on the Fireglaive unit causing 8 hits and no wounds (failed to wound with 7 and the 8th was saved via the ward save provided by the Black Shard Armor)

Some gripping ensued as my opponent, a dwarf at heart, went on to exclaim how no core should have such good stock equipment. :frowning:

[attachment=3387]
Movement:
Inernal Guard unit 1 moves up 3 inches to gain cover from the fence
The K’daai marches 12 inches in order to be in optimal countercharge range of the Chariot unit and charge range of the archer unit with the Hierophant.

Magic:
6 power dice vs 5 dispell dice (both sides sucessfully channel a single dice)
Deamonsmith 1, the general, attempts to cast fireball with one dice and breaks concentration
Deamonsmith 2 casts the bound version of fireball with 1 dice which is dispelled with 1 dice
Deamonsmith 2 casts the lowest level fireball with 2 dice which is dispelled with 2 dice
Deamonsmith 3 casts flamming sword of ruin on the nearest Deathshrieker (DRL) with 2 dice which is not dispelled

Shooting:
Magma Cannon fires at the Chariot unit and overshoots into the Necrosphinx (Toughness 8) causing no wounds on the chariot and 1 on th Necrosphinx
Deathshrieker (DSR) fires a demolition rocket at the Necrosphinx causing 2 wounds
Deathshrieker (DRL) fires at the Nexrophinx, misfires and scatters, and Deamonsmith 3 prevents the misfire via a re-roll
Infernal Guard unit 2 Fires at the chariot unit hitting 3 times and causing 2 wounds

[attachment=3388]
Movement:
Chariot unit charges Infernal Guard Unit 2 and fails by 3 inches, stumbling foward 2 inches, the Infernal Guard unit stands and shoots causing 4 hits and 2 wounds (finishing off a chariot)
The Necroshpinx charges the Destroyer
The Sephectural Stalkers pass thier ambush roll and scatter 4 inches bringing the out of range of thier shooting attack
The Archer unit moves forward

Magic:
11 power dice versus 6 dispell dice (no sucessfull channels on either side)
Khatep attempts to cast the magical vortex spell from the Tomb King Signature Lore with 3 dice and breaks concentration x.x (I was really feeling for may friend on this one, he needed a 15 and got a 14)

Shooting:
The Screaming Skull Cataplat Fires at Infernal Guard unit 2 and the shot scatters away
The Archer unit fires 10 shots at Infernal Guard unit 1 and getting 2 hits and causing 2 wounds, which i fail to save.
Combat:
The K’daai does nothing with his Blazing Body attack, rolls for +3 more attacks due to his frenzy, gets 4 hits and 2 wounds killing off the Necrosphinx before it has a chance to do anything :hat off.

rpitts2004:

Great battle report! Good too see something other than 2500 points in a fun match up!

thrawn:

great battle report. can you please clear up those army lists? i can’t seem to read what’s what. :o

also, why where you casting flaming ruin on your death shrieker?

zhatan87:

also, why where you casting flaming ruin on your death shrieker?
Maybe +1 to wound (in order to wound on 3+ a sphynx...)

propervillanz:

Sorry about the army list jumbles i have attempted to make them more legible.

Zhatan has the gist of it i cast flamming sword on the Death Shrieker in turn 1 to wound the Necrosphinx on a 3+ with demolition rockets and on a death shrieker on turn 2 in order to wound the sphectural stalkers on a 4+ with the death shrieker rockets.

Thanks for reading/skimming through and for the feedback :hat off

thrawn:

Sorry about the army list jumbles i have attempted to make them more legible.

Zhatan has the gist of it i cast flamming sword on the Death Shrieker in turn 1 to wound the Necrosphinx on a 3+ with demolition rockets and on a death shrieker on turn 2 in order to wound the sphectural stalkers on a 4+ with the death shrieker rockets.

Thanks for reading/skimming through and for the feedback :hat off

propervillanz
does flaming sword also work with shooting? seems unfair?

propervillanz:

thrawn: according to the spell it gives +1 to wound with all close combat and shooting attacks as well as making them magical and flaming until the caster’s next magic phase. It is similar to the Blades of Alban from lore of metal which gives a +1 to hit with all close combat and shooting attacks as well as making them magical and armor piercing.

i would love to get both of these spells on the same unit as it would be pretty brutal.