[Archive] Legion of need advice - 2500 pts

Ikit:

Haha here’s my list, played it 4 times, had 2 victory against Tomb King and Vampires and 2 total fail against cheezy Daemons and basic Lizardmen.

I don’t want to have a K’daii destroyer to field a bit more models and because everybody takes the destroyer lol :slight_smile:

Lord :

- Sorcerer-Prophet, level 4 Lore of Hashut, Mask of Furnace, Dawnstone.

Heroes :

- Dark Castellean, BSB, Black Hammer of Hashut, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Endurance.

- Daemonsmith Sorcerer, Level 1 of Death, Charmed Shield, Dispel scroll, Talisman of protection.

Core :

- 20 Infernal Guard, full command, Hailshot blunderbuss, Banner of eternal flame.

- 19 Infernal Guard, full command, Fireglaive.

Special :

- 15 Infernal Ironsworn, full command, War Banner.

- Magma cannon

- 4 Bull Centaurs, full command, Heavy weapon, Banner of Swiftness.

Rare :

- 5 Wolf riders, full command, spears.

- Hellcannon.

I put my Castellean into the ironsworn, in general (when I don’t get a damn Pit of shades/purple sun of my a**) this group just doesn’t die.

My Daemonsmith is 3 inches between my hellcannon and my magma cannon.

My Prophet is with the fireglaive wielders to be close to enemy and able to cast Storm of ashes.

I generally put my blunderbusses an inch or 2 in front of everyelses so my opponent have to charge them and suffer the stand and shoot and after that my ironsworn join the melee to break enemies.

My wolf riders are there to get the warmachines in the back and the bull centaurs aims at monsters/monstrous cavalry/anything big that can’t easily one-shot S6 To5 Wo3 :cheers

My daemonsmith often do nothing else but dispel scroll… He’s some kind of life insurance since I’m probably the worst person on the planet with die… And yea I keep playing that game… lol

Thank you very much for any advices, comments, life experience :hat off

Marduk:

I think this is the first list I see that includes Ironsworn!! And no Destroyer!! I respect that.

What kind of advice are you asking for?

Do you feel that your list is missing anything?

How did you lose against daemons and lizardmen?

Ikit:

Oh I want advice in general, if people think that I should keep my prophet behind with a calice of blood and darkness instead of throwing it up front, if people think that this build is ok like that from a polyvalent point of view. Should I remove something to include more warmachine? Should I keep the blunderbuss or they’re generally useless? General opinion of the Fireglaive in this type of build.

I want to be judged lol. The fact that you’ve never saw Ironsworn by exemple, is it because people think they’re bad or simply because people prefer to field 2-3 magma cannon?

I’ve lost against the daemon player because of the stupid daemons winds of magic rule that can cause wounds without armor saves to a lot of models and because of the magic item that can spawn a unit like in reserve (seriously a damn cheezy build that was everything but fun to fight against). I’ve lost to the lizardmen because of my personal badluck and a bad deployment (though I would have the 1st turn but he stole it with a 6…).

Maybe it is because I see so many “removed from play, no saves of any kind allowed” spells but I think I lack a “big BOOM” you’re dead! I never get “Hit” with my Hellcannon, should I replace it with a Deathrocket or I just endure my badluck and when it will finally hit I will see that it’s awesome?

I’m really happy about the general toughness of the army, I’m a former skaven player so from 250 models that die so damn easy to 75 that can hold against hordes of mobs, the feeling is absolutly awesome haha.

Would you play a list like that if not in a tournament or a very competitive league?

Samanos:

Oh I want advice in general, if people think that I should keep my prophet behind with a calice of blood and darkness instead of throwing it up front, if people think that this build is ok like that from a polyvalent point of view. Should I remove something to include more warmachine? Should I keep the blunderbuss or they're generally useless? General opinion of the Fireglaive in this type of build.

I want to be judged lol. The fact that you've never saw Ironsworn by exemple, is it because people think they're bad or simply because people prefer to field 2-3 magma cannon?

I've lost against the daemon player because of the stupid daemons winds of magic rule that can cause wounds without armor saves to a lot of models and because of the magic item that can spawn a unit like in reserve (seriously a damn cheezy build that was everything but fun to fight against). I've lost to the lizardmen because of my personal badluck and a bad deployment (though I would have the 1st turn but he stole it with a 6...).

Maybe it is because I see so many "removed from play, no saves of any kind allowed" spells but I think I lack a "big BOOM" you're dead! I never get "Hit" with my Hellcannon, should I replace it with a Deathrocket or I just endure my badluck and when it will finally hit I will see that it's awesome?

I'm really happy about the general toughness of the army, I'm a former skaven player so from 250 models that die so damn easy to 75 that can hold against hordes of mobs, the feeling is absolutly awesome haha.

Would you play a list like that if not in a tournament or a very competitive league?

Ikit
hmm in my opinion the list could be better. I have never tried the ironsworn but frankly i see no reason to. they are special(!) so they require points that would be better spent elsewhere. they are basic infernal guard with ws5 and a magic weapon that makes them s5... i dont see the point for their cost. I would increase the number of the blunderbusses to make sure they reroll failed rolls to wound.