[Archive] Legion of Ravenswood [23.XI.2018 - 13th zwerg]

Ravenswood:

Hi!

So it is very-very slow painting blog of my LoA army. At first I do some test pieces for IG regiments.

Test  piece for fireglaive unit:

Zanko:

Looks awesome! :hat off

Like the paint scheme and the painting style! :cheers

:hashut

DAGabriel:

Nice painting, subscribed. But why very, very slow?

Da Crusha:

Im a really big fan of the paint job. looks like NMM if im not mistaken?

Ravenswood:

2Zanko Thanks :hat off

2DAgabriel Because I can’t paint fast. Always want to do a little better.

2Da Crusha Thanks. I hope too that it’s looks like NMM :slight_smile:

vulcanologist:

Looking great! I’m a very slow painter too… remember its the end result that matters or rather it’s the end result that YOU’RE happy with that matters!

Pyro Stick:

That looks very nice. It reminds me of something out of bioshock for some reason. What other FW models are you planning on buying. I would really like to see some of the warmachines painted by you.

Ravenswood:

What other FW models are you planning on buying. I would really like to see some of the warmachines painted by you.

Pyro Stick
I already have a Deathshrieker, Magma cannon and Iron Deamon, and I waiting for deamonsmiths. But casting quality of war machines make me cry. Need no less 30% resculpting of chassis, only crews and small things are ok.
At first i will do 10 man zwerge sized unit of Fireglaives and the Deathshrieker and maybe few conversions of hand weapon/shield or great weapon IG.

JonJon:

Ravenswood

Love the paint job,thanks for showing it to us.

You can complain to Forgeworld and get replacements call or email them

Welcome to forum

Jon

ryanamandaanna:

wonderful paintjob!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

tjub:

Looks great!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Ravenswood:

Good news, everyone! (c)

I grab bitz from Russian Alternative’s barbarians: a dozen and half of weapons and shields. Three new conversions with this bitz what I did on weekend.

[align=center]

[/align]

2jonjon I think it’s too late to complain to Forgeworld. I already did some resculpting work on war machines.

2tjub, 2ryanamandaanna thanks

P.S. a question: what upgrades need on hobgoblins wolfriders? Spears? Shields?

Nicodemus:

Very good… I look forward to checking in and seeing how things progress, all indications are that you’re off to a great start with your Dawi’Zharr!

vulcanologist:

Really like your shields!

Ravenswood:

Really like your shields!

vulcanologist
Thanks. It will be necessary to use alternative shields because many original FW shields too fragile. Commonly it will be marauders shields, but it may be any other appropriate bitz, if I find them.

Wylfdd:

I really like axes and shields.

Where is the ax that is the hobgoblin wolfrider photo?

Hug!

Galladorn:

...casting quality of war machines make me cry. Need no less 30% resculpting of chassis, only crews and small things are ok...

Ravenswood
Ravenswood,
I placed an order from forge world in the beginning of June, 2011. It took me until later november 2011 to discover that my iron daemon had a few miscasts. FW did a great job of sending me replacement parts. Include your order number and a photo of the problem and FW will make it better.

dncswlf:

nice, i like your test piece. and reworking the weapons seems a common thing with these guys. Can’t wait to see more of your work!

Alakihel:

Very impressive work dude !

But is the helmet on your fireglaive dwarf, an “original” head coming with the Infernal Guard or is it an aternative head ?

I looked forward to check for the alternative weapons and shields on the internet but no way to found it.

Do you have a like?

:slight_smile:

Cheers,

Alakihel.

ryanamandaanna:

I think it’s a Chaos Knight head with the horns shaved off…