[Archive] Les rumours

cornixt:

Here’s a couple that I have alluded to over the last couple of weeks, not fully confirmed but damn close.

A supplement book for Warhammer will be released this summer. It will contain details of individual units, some of which can be used by more than one army, a bit like Regiments of Renown without the characters. The new units will be mostly core and special choices and there will be at least one for each army. Most of the models will be metal and some are mail-order only, but a plastic Araby unit and elephant is confirmed for late in the year or early in the next. Taking one of these new units can involve restrictions on other army choices, in order to maintain army balance. The rules for the Giant will be included. The aim is to allow players to have greater choice of theme for their army

A bad batch of greenstuff at the GW sculpting studio has meant that almost of three months of work has been wasted. Models made using the bad batch are falling apart during the mould-making process, ruining the original sculpt and the mould. This problem only came to light after several models by three sculpters were all destroyed. Several remaining sculpts made with the same greenstuff are currently useless for production but may be salvagable if a digital scanning technique can be adapted to keep the detail required for metal miniatures.

This only affects metal models and has pushed back production of these by 14 weeks. This mostly affects fantasy models but some 40K models.

GRNDL:

Darn, I was hoping for some good gossip about lesbians.

/goes back to bed.

Swissdictator:

Darn, I was hoping for some good gossip about lesbians.

/goes back to bed.

GRNDL
I think my dog might be a lesbian... *shrug*. My bi ex girlfriend constantly jokes that my dog must be...

grupax:

but a plastic Araby unit and elephant is confirmed for late in the year or early in the next

cornixt
yes it was confirmed earlier this morning by the USPA and DRE that great fundings (of around 2;000;000 pound) were invested in midden eastern development projects. the elephants seem to be derivant from the wooly south siberian bigfood underspecies called wodco's.

@swissdictator: maby your bi-ex-girlfriends and female dog have more in common then then the same homonyme

grupax

GRNDL:

@Swiss

Interesting, my female dog was the same way - went after women like a retriever. She was a beagle/collie mix. Also a bit of coincidence, my ex was bi, too, so maybe it was something of a pheromone thing? Ahhh, pseudoscience with dogs and lesbians. I’m wondering if this day can get any weirder.

cornixt:

Sorry, I came over all French Canadian, since these were from a French Canada source.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I understood you were being “French” Cornixt…but it sure got funny! LOL!

Piccolo:

war elephant from the new ‘Kingdom of Ind’ army

don’t know in what degree u can believe this is really true, might be just a 1st of April joke.

cornixt:

It was. A bit small in comparison to Willmark’s and Xander’s effort

Pyro Stick:

The elephant and araby units sound cool. I wonder if it will just be similar to the lotr mumak?

I wonder what models were wrecked by that bad batch of green stuff. It must of been pretty devestating for the sculptors whos models disintegrated after months of work.

clam:

I heard that there were a Chaos Dwarf special Character among those miniatures that was destroyed - but I guess, ‘they’ will never tell us - or perhaps ‘they’ will - on April 1st 2010 :smiley:

dedwrekka:

Here's a couple that I have alluded to over the last couple of weeks, not fully confirmed but damn close.

A supplement book for Warhammer will be released this summer.  It will contain details of individual units, some of which can be used by more than one army, a bit like Regiments of Renown without the characters.  The new units will be mostly core and special choices and there will be at least one for each army.  Most of the models will be metal and some are mail-order only, but a plastic Araby unit and elephant is confirmed for late in the year or early in the next.  Taking one of these new units can involve restrictions on other army choices, in order to maintain army balance.  The rules for the Giant will be included.  The aim is to allow players to have greater choice of theme for their army

A bad batch of greenstuff at the GW sculpting studio has meant that almost of three months of work has been wasted.  Models made using the bad batch are falling apart during the mould-making process, ruining the original sculpt and the mould.  This problem only came to light after several models by three sculpters were all destroyed.  Several remaining sculpts made with the same greenstuff are currently useless for production but may be salvagable if a digital scanning technique can be adapted to keep the detail required for metal miniatures.
This only affects metal models and has pushed back production of these by 14 weeks.  This mostly affects fantasy models but some 40K models.

cornixt
Was this one an April Fools joke?

It's so hard to tell when it's one about rumors. I mean, unless they're completely and obviously fake (Like the elephant one), it's about as credible as any other rumor.

cornixt:

They were all April fools that I wrote a few months ago. I was hoping to be very subtle, but Willmark’s seems to make everyone aware of what day it was before I’d even posted.

Grimstonefire:

I actually have a bad batch of greenstuff that probably would have meant uncastable models at the standard GW uses! So that much got me fooled.

The seperate list thing I was thinking… ok… possibly, especially considering the new empire soruce book thing. I realised it was all a joke when I saw GW actually releasing models for DoW. never happen.

snowblizz:

They were all April fools that I wrote a few months ago. I was hoping to be very subtle, but Willmark's seems to make everyone aware of what day it was before I'd even posted.

cornixt
You shouldn't have talked about a plastic Araby unit. There's no way GW would make anything like that. And following the Xander/Willmark things is difficult.