[Archive] Lets get a GW CD mini out NOW!

Viskar Zhragoth:

I was thinking about this and thought before I sent anything in we could discuss this on the forum and see if anyone else thinks this is a good/bad idea…and maybe come up with better wording on the letter if we do decide to send them. Here is the idea:

Hello all. I was just reading the new White Dwarf yesterday. Issue # 348. I was reading Jervis Johnson’s article about the Collector’s Range and release schedule for the new Orks. And it got me thinking. Jervis includes an address where we can send him any questions or comments. And he states that the collectors range allows sculptors to put out “cool minis” without having to worry about book releases, etc.

My thought was this…how about everyone here send in a letter asking for Martin Footit’s unreleased mini (found here: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/wiki/index.php?title=Image:UnreleasedChaosDwarf.jpg) to be released as a Collector’s Range model. Maybe if we got enough of us as a group to send the letters then we might get to see that model finally released.

I’m writing the letter, which willl follow, and even if you just cut and paste my letter and then mail it in with your name on it, if we got enough letters in, then maybe they would make it available. Of course, the more letters the more likely it is…so we’d need most of us here at CDO to work at it…

What do you guys think? Let me know, and please post if/when you send your letter so we can track how many they might be recieving!

Send letters to :
Jervis Johnson
c/o White Dwarf
Design Studio
Games Workshop
Willow Road
Nottingham NG7 2WS
United Kingdom

Here is my letter:

Dear Jervis,

I read your most recent standard bearer in White Dwarf #348, and I am very excited about the freedom that this new philosophy will give to the miniature designers. And I am excited by the Collector’s Range and the possibilities for this in the future!

I am a member of Chaos Dwarfs Online (www.chaos-dwarfs.com), a really great community, and a very devoted fan base. We are thrilled by every rumor and mention in any armybook that mentions us at all. We are also excited by the most recent company position that they will be done, when GW has the time and money. I can’t wait!

But as a community we have become aware of an unreleased mini (scultped by Martin Footit, I believe) that looks awesome to all of us, and one that we would all love to add to our collections. It would even be further proof that GW will be doing the Chaos Dwarfs eventually! I am writing as a request that Games Workshop add this Chaos Dwarf model to the Collector’s Range, so that we can all have access to this great model.

Please help us get this model released as a Collector’s Range model, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yours Truly,
Member Name
Chaos Dwarf Online Member

Once again, this is for general discussion, and I was looking to see if there could be a consensus here. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks
Viskar Zhragoth

Kera foehunter:

Well i don’t think Pushing are way thew would help !!

i think if we would ask what are the plans for the Chaos Dwarfs !!

and ask him if he want to join are site !!!

the flood of letter going to one person may not do nothing anymore due to

the way gw is ran now.

well maybe some letter from us girl may help this !!( the perfume and lipstick on the letter lol)

well i support getting something done

but in away that will help us

a well though out way is what we need

CheTralfara:

To be honest… he looks just like a normal dwarf to me… kinda don’t like it. But I still voted yes on your poll, only because I think we SHOULD push to get some new CD models out.

snowblizz:

GW is sorta tricky on things like this. Basically they have never been good at listening to the audience, basically because they can’t distinguish the real from the chaff. And with everyone yelling, I sorta can’t blame them.

It is entirely possible it will work, or that they will just dig in deeper because we are pestering them. However, if they have a model they could release and sell it could actually work. I’m just not comfortable enough to make the call.

I vote the third option of I don’t’ really know…

Thommy H:

They listen to sales figures, like almost all companies. Remember, not all enthusiasm translates into sales (ask any small miniatures manufacturer about that…) - even though everyone on this forum would like to see new Chaos Dwarfs, would we actually all rush out and buy 3,000 points worth of new plastics? Ironically, we’d probably be the last group to prop up sales of a new Chaos Dwarf range, because we’re the ones who already have an army of the little guys.

So, if you can demonstrate that a model like this would sell, and that there’s a market already in place to snap it up, then they’d probably do it. If it’s just “we wubb Chaos Dwarfs and we’d all feel better if there was something official being sold”, that probably won’t be enough.

Grimstonefire:

Personally I don’t mind if they never release that model… I’d prefer them to do a decent new one.

I was wondering about this the other day because I had exactly the same idea when reading the ‘new’ Gw release plans.

Something I was wondering about is whether GW would want to release any rank and file/ lord minis a couple of years in advance of an army? For IP/ copyright reasons they might not want their competitors to copy them?

I would probably just ignore that for a letter though and ask them to make a Chaos Dwarf Lord. They could release it as Rykarth from the Nemesis campaign.

One Chaos Dwarf lord in a collectors series (where the models don’t always have an obvious use, they’re collectors models) wouldn’t be too much of a problem IMO.

Merchant:

I don’t think it will help, but I’ll help if others is interested in sending a letter off course :slight_smile:

zorn sabretooth:

screw letters!!

i say we get all reservoir dogs on their ass.

Starting to by chopping jervis’ ear off with (stealers wheels playing in the background is optional)

sadly, The Perry twins company don’t do commissions

Willmark:

Our best bet is to keep doing what we are going on all fronts. Webzine, podcast, blogs, etc if we keep the presence of CDs high that is our goal.

Thommy is correct we are their last customers for CDs but that’s not our fault if there were models in the first place we’d be buying them!

GRNDL:

Weren’t they supposed to be recasting the winning models from the 25th Anniversary vote off? What happened to that? The CD lord made quite an impact in many countries’ charts, so if anything was added to the Collector’s range, its probably that model.

Kera foehunter:

i agree with Willmark where here !!! They need to join are movement!!
i beat a keg of rum that Jarvis has been here too looking over the site
as well of most G w people !!
maybe they still looking to us to find some great idea !!
like i say 2009 the year of the C d !!! keep repeating it !!
and lets see what happen by December
kera

Xander:

GRNDL makes a good point. I’d actually want to pick up that old Lord. :slight_smile:

And for the record Thommy H, yes, I would buy 3000 points of new Chaos Dwarfs! :wink:

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

Well if it all about the sales then ask him to have a look here then he’ll see how big our comunity is and then he might see that thry come get some money out of it. I mean even I would buy it, if it ment CD will soon become available as an army

Willmark:

In essence what we are battling for is rules, the thing that GW makes the least amount of money on. Their money is in the figures, one supports the other. That being said my contention has always been the same: the models already exist in the GW catalog, you just have to put them together

theimmortal:

as somone who colect mainly id buy every single thing chaos dwarf related, personly i habe been saying about a colectors series figure in a cupple of posts

and also on warseer

i think that it would be great if they released sth new as that chaos dwarf i didnt much liketbh

Thommy H:

In essence what we are battling for is rules, the thing that GW makes the least amount of money on. Their money is in the figures, one supports the other. That being said my contention has always been the same: the models already exist in the GW catalog, you just have to put them together

Willmark
Games Workshop won't release an army without a miniatures range to support it. There will never, ever, ever be new Chaos Dwarf rules without plastic kits and so on. If they ever do them again, it will be properly or not at all. As I've always said, the key, if you want to make this a crusade, is to demonstrate to GW that there is a market, and that a new version of Chaos Dwarfs will sell well enough to make the investment of resources worthwhile. Everything we're doing here is a step towards that, I believe.

Willmark:

Willmark
Games Workshop won't release an army without a miniatures range to support it. There will never, ever, ever be new Chaos Dwarf rules without plastic kits and so on. If they ever do them again, it will be properly or not at all. As I've always said, the key, if you want to make this a crusade, is to demonstrate to GW that there is a market, and that a new version of Chaos Dwarfs will sell well enough to make the investment of resources worthwhile. Everything we're doing here is a step towards that, I believe.

Thommy H
I'm well aware of that and that is our best hope IMHO.

Viskar Zhragoth:

And I agree, just was a thought that passed my mind when I read Jervis column…

Maybe instead of sending in lots of different letters, we could send him one letter form all of us at CDO, and we could get a list of names to put on it…

And this was just more to get the idea to him and then find out what he says…

And I agree, great new things like WoH, our member and hits both growing, and just a great community that is waiting for the new figs is the best way to get what we all want…Great new models, and an army book.

Maul:

I think you would have more luck getting GW to release just the chaos dwarf crew from the Hellcannon as a collector or bits set for $15 US or so.

Viskar Zhragoth:

Actually that might have been true, but the full helcannon is now collectors only, so i doubt they’ll release just the crew…