[Archive] [LoA] 2000pt Combat Taur'uk list

MLP:

Sorcerer-Prophet, Level 4 Lore of Metal, Talisman of Preservation, Enchanted Shield

Infernal Castellan, Battle Standard Bearer, Great Weapon, Shield, The Mask of the Furnace
Bull Centaur Taur’uk, Great Weapon, Blackshard armour, Luckstone, Helm of Discord, The Other Trickster’s Shard

29 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard, Full Command
30 Hobgoblin Cutthroats, Shields, Standard

3 Bull Centaur Renders, Great Weapons, Full Command, Gleaming Pennant
Deathshrieker
Deathshrieker

K’daai Destroyer

TOTAL 2000 points

Basically the list is focusing on Combat. The Prophet will stay back with the Deathshriekers using his reroll and the Lore of Metal to Buff/Debuff units(Metal is still good against a low armoured army before anyone says!).

The Deathshriekers are to hit any hard targets like monsters and war machines early on then attempt to panic any cheap blocks.

The Taur’uk will start with his Renders but his main objective is to kill characters so will leave the unit on their own if required. The unit will tag team with the Destroyer.

Meanwhile the two hordes will be side by side to tie up the enemy and be buffed into awesomeness while the enemy rusts away.

The Castellan is a defensive build but will take/give challenges to other Heroes. Hopefully the initiative 10 and 2+ rerollable armour will keep him alive.

I’ve tried to go for a slightly different but varied list that should still pack some punch!

EDIT:List updated

MLP:

Sorcerer-Prophet, Level 4 Lore of Metal, Talisman of Preservation, Enchanted Shield

Infernal Castellan, Battle Standard Bearer, Great Weapon, Shield, The Mask of the Furnace
Bull Centaur Taur’uk, Great Weapon, Blackshard armour, Luckstone, Helm of Discord, The Other Trickster’s Shard

29 Chaos Dwarf Infernal Guard, Full Command
30 Hobgoblin Cutthroats, Shields, Standard

3 Bull Centaur Renders, Great Weapons, Full Command, Gleaming Pennant
Deathshrieker
Deathshrieker

K’daai Destroyer

TOTAL 2000 points

Basically the list is focusing on Combat. The Prophet will stay back with the Deathshriekers using his reroll and the Lore of Metal to Buff/Debuff units(Metal is still good against a low armoured army before anyone says!).

The Deathshriekers are to hit any hard targets like monsters and war machines early on then attempt to panic any cheap blocks.

The Taur’uk will start with his Renders but his main objective is to kill characters so will leave the unit on their own if required. The unit will tag team with the Destroyer.

Meanwhile the two hordes will be side by side to tie up the enemy and be buffed into awesomeness while the enemy rusts away.

The Castellan is a defensive build but will take/give challenges to other Heroes. Hopefully the initiative 10 and 2+ rerollable armour will keep him alive.

I’ve tried to go for a slightly different but varied list that should still pack some punch!

EDIT:List updated

maded12:

I love CC lists. Shooting is for elfs and goblins not for dwarfs!

That said I would like to make a few suggestions.

Don’t put your prophet on baby sitting duty. He is mucht to expessive for that. If you are really that concerned about your war machines take an extra deamon smith. Just put him in/near the front line and watch him kick ass!

I think that any character who costs more then 200pts and is vital for my army should carry enough armour to survive a steam tank. You can equip 2 chars with a 2+/4+save. I believe that your prophet and your BSB should be the lucky ones to receive those blessings.

You don’t really want I10 on your BSB. Sure you get to strike first (most of the times) but you’re not going to kill a lot. Just give him something that improves his strength. A great weapon ussually works wonders for castellans (the -1 on your save is ussually worth it)

Something to consider if you want a ‘hunter’ Take a castellan give him a GW, shield (vs shooting) an arabian carpet and whatever trinkets you want. You then have a 20inch flying, stubborn, char with stats good enough to take on most heroes. If you are fighting races who’s heroes are to though use him for flank and rear charges. In my oppinion he is a much better ‘hunter/annoyance’ unit then the Taur’uk. It’s the stubborn part which really puts him over the edge. You can happily charge in the front arc of a unit. Challenge something, lose the combat on combat resolution and still test on LD9.

Good luck and happy fighting!

Jaakko:

Maybe give the Tar’ruk the Dragonhelm instead of Blackshard Armour? You’ll save some points!

I like the list, but as maded12 said, a Sorcerer-Prohpet is quite an expensive babysitter. And is the Blood of Hashut for warmachine hunters? I somehow find it a bit useless.

javi:

I do not have the book here but aren’t the Charmed Shield and the MotF both Magic Armour?

I agree that leaving the Prophet behind is a bit of a waste, he’s quite hot for CC also. I would also be concerned about hobos, as they will have Ld 6 if the Gral stays back. I would not take them in any list whose Prophet does not walk with the infantry.

I love the idea of fitting a Tau’ruk, just have not been able to do it as I always seem to change my mind in the last moment, in favor of more typical lists. If you try the list pls let us know how it went!

Regards

Javi.

maded12:

I don’t know if it might help you but this is my CC list.

1 lvl 4 prophet (death) charmed shield, talisman of perservation, taurus
1 Dark castellan, carpet, charmed shield, seed of rebirth, GW
1 BSB, mask of the furnace, GW

10 infernal guard
25 infernal guard, GW, Standard (there are times when I split these in 2 units of 12 infernal guards with GW and a standard. I’m not sure yet what works better)

3 BC’s, GW
3 BC’s GW

1 kdaai destroyer

I’ve been having lots of fun with this fast marching and charging army. It always suprises people how fast this army is.

MLP:

Cheers for the replies chaps.

Maded12: Well the plan with the Sorcerer is to have him buffing units from behind the lines and take out any skirmishers that turn up behind, not just as a babysitter. I do see your points but I don’t need him causing damage at the front, he causes damage through improving his troops! At worst he’s 350 points the enemy will struggle to reach.

The Sorcerer does have the 2+ 4++ but with the Castellan I wanted his set up to be more for killing low level characters, he should be able to challenge champs/heroes and have a good chance of killing them before they attack. With a great weapon he’s lose his enchanted shield. I may change him though once I’ve tested him out!

Although I love the idea of the Arabian castellan(currently convering one now!) the Taur’uk is there to hopefully stand up to any tough characters. Also I really want to use a Taur’uk because he is unbelievably cool!

Nice list, I actually have a very similar list(without carpet). I do actually use it without the destroyer, using larger bull centaur units and two units of 10 wolf raiders! It’s a glass hammer list though and could go wrong!

Jaako: Ah that’s left from a build I have with full magic items, good spot! I’ll change that. Same with Blood of Hashut! I use it as standard on a front line Prophet! That’s 25 points you found for me!

Javi: Yes they both are, I thought you could have both(magic shield is an exception to the rule). Good point about the Hobgoblins, but the plan is that he would follow them up behind anyway and the whole army, although combat orientated, wouldn’t go to far forward anyway. Unfortuneately I still need a destroyer and another deathshrieker to complete this list, but I will definitely use a tauruk and let you know.

EDIT: List updated in first post. I’ve made the Taur’uk even nastier against characters or anything with low leadership. increased the protection on BSB and Prophet and put the Mask of the Furnace on the BSB so his unit causes fear.