[Archive] Loidrial OT - Blood Bowl TEAMS

Loidrial:

2 years ago I started a project (obviously never finished!) about a Blood Bowl team made by pirates, and because my fav race ever will always be Orcs (sorry CD :frowning: ) I started working looking for the right models (and lil conversions) for make my dream team.

Up with today im on half way down my job.

So here are my terrible shots, hope you can still enjoy them.

Throwers

Blitzers (the red one is the KAPTIN!)

BOB (Black Orc Blockers)

Lineman

Troll

STAR PLAYER

Cheer Leaders

Group Shot

Im sorry for the way too many pics! (but not really!)

Yodrin:

Very nice team, that troll is awesome!!! Great work!!

Bloodbeard:

Super nice man!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Loidrial:

Ah, just for info, they have some weapons left because they are pirates, ofcourse they play dirty, and cmon, this is BLOOD BOWL!

Loidrial:

Not something special, but I wanted to share with you.
From the old box of blood bowl, today i just painted some orcs so now I have 1 model painted per type together with humans:

I didnt have the time to put the base on the black ork :frowning: dont hit me!

Bloodbeard:

I really like your style of painting Loidrial.

Loidrial:

After long time I finally completed my pirate orc team! I was missing 2 BoB and 2 Blitzers so here they are!

And here all of them (I know there are 12 instead of 11 on the field)

Cheers!

Fuggit Khan:

Beautiful miniatures :cheers

What’s not to love? Orcs, pirates and great colors that accent the wonderfully clean painting style. Cool stuff :hat off

Willmark:

Blood Bowl minis always gets a thumbs up from me. I want to see more of the Human team. Any more? This reminds me I need to finish my teams at some point.

Loidrial:

Hi there guys, I’m back again after some time. I havent been in the mood for paint for a while now, plus I went again under surgery (i’m recovering well) and I couldnt even sit for almost 1 month.

Now that the new Blood Bowl is out, and I’m super excited about it, I finally finished after…4 years? XD my human team from the previous box, the old '95ish 3rd edition.

With the fact that I’ll use this post for some Off Topic works, mostly BB I guess, here is the link of my previous Chaos Dwarves team from my main post:

http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=15435&pid=266866#pid266866

Loidrial
And here following are the poor imperial people that will be crushed under some hooves or punched by some orcs (my other team)

Plus I’ll buy the skaven team mostly because it is the most complete team in the box, only missing 2 gutter runners that I kinda found around my house, an old metal skaven assassin and 1 old plastic gutter runner + a big rat ogre from the blood island.

Cheers guys!

Slavemaster Hod:

Two really awesome teams. I like the classic humans, but the orcs are fantastic. You did a great job of bringing the pirate theme together. This is why I love Blood Bowl so much, the team themes can be such fun things – instead of the usual skulls and death.

Loidrial:

Two really awesome teams. I like the classic humans, but the orcs are fantastic. You did a great job of bringing the pirate theme together. This is why I love Blood Bowl so much, the team themes can be such fun things -- instead of the usual skulls and death.

Slavemaster Hod
Thanks a lot! Unfortunatly they are nothing compared to what you are painting (filled with envy)
Anyway yeah, you can see that on the orc team i put much more effort, it was a long time project and i'm really looking forward to play them aswell as my dwarves.
I'll finish to paint the classic team too in the future. (in the year 40k probaly)

cornixt:

Two really awesome teams. I like the classic humans, but the orcs are fantastic. You did a great job of bringing the pirate theme together. This is why I love Blood Bowl so much, the team themes can be such fun things -- instead of the usual skulls and death.

Slavemaster Hod
This is why I wish the GW had reintroduced the coloured base idea - Each position in the team has a different colour on the base. Makes it much easier to use different models rather than having to work it out from their appearance (never did have luck with that for old Skaven teams).

Admiral:

Neat humies, but the Orc pirates are the real deal. Great work on them! Perhaps different player roles could be marked out with a coloured stripe on the bases?

Loidrial:

Neat humies, but the Orc pirates are the real deal. Great work on them! Perhaps different player roles could be marked out with a coloured stripe on the bases?

Admiral
I thought about it, i knwo there are some specific colours for that, the problem in my opinion is that everything will get too chaotic with such a wide differences of colours on the bases.
Fan of the idea, not fan of the result :\

tjub:

Cool, looks great as well! Just not a fan of weapons on BB miniatures… Unless they got Stab or Secret Weapon.

Not sure if you’ve seen, but FFFields have done a pirate/ship themed pitch as well. Just saying. :wink:

Loidrial:

Cool, looks great as well! Just not a fan of weapons on BB miniatures... Unless they got Stab or Secret Weapon.

Not sure if you've seen, but FFFields have done a pirate/ship themed pitch as well. Just saying. ;)

tjub
Nope havent seen. Going now to take a look! thx a lot
I left some weapons here and there simply because they are pirates. They cant nor wont play by the rules anyway

Malorndk:

First time reading this blog. I might be a childish man-baby, but I cannot fathom how this did not get some good jokes rolling xD

Cheer Leaders

Loidrial
They are extremely whacky and funny!!!

…and you paint like the devil! So smooth transitions. Very lovely

Abecedar:

Lovely teams and themes. A joy to behold.