[Archive] Loki's Games Day Blog

Uzkul Werit:

I missed your entry, Loki! Anyone spot me and my hat? I bumped into Warplock twice and Al-Hashut on the way out of the loos. A staffer at one of the games saw the ad for this site on my hat and got interested!

Honestly, this year it was a joke. Smaller and no sense of scale at all. The lack of new Fantasy stuff meant it was another year when us players got shafted.

The Games Dev were shrewd and downright rude. A friend asked in the seminar why Fantasy had been neglected this year. His reply?

“It hasn’t”.

Frikkin’ charmin’.

Grimstonefire:

I missed your entry, Loki! Anyone spot me and my hat? I bumped into Warplock twice and Al-Hashut on the way out of the loos.

Uzkul Werit
You should look where you're going! ;P

Were you the one in the black and white top hat?  I walked past someone with one, and figured afterwards it might be loki.  I did keep and eye out for the hat but couldn't find it later.

At games day you never know if what people are wearing has any relation to their armies.

Uzkul Werit:

My hat was a giant wizard’s hat.

Loki:

Well i have sort of recovered now, have spent the morning making my new space wolf models :smiley: and of course downloading the photos of games day :slight_smile: so here they are some of the best :slight_smile:

[attachment=1730]

1st the mighty queue to get in to golden daemon i got here are 9:25am and already there where hundreds of people making their way in.

[attachment=1731]

[attachment=1732]

[attachment=1733]

Some photos of just some of the mega battles that where going on during the day.

[attachment=1734]

the mighty space marine ralley point

[attachment=1735]

the massive hall number 2 and yes that huge press of people in the far corner, yes you guessed it is the forge world queue that thankfully this year i avoided getting sucked in to :smiley:

[attachment=1736]

[attachment=1737]

[attachment=1738]

Loki:

Photos part 2 :smiley:

[attachment=1740]

My big hat entry :slight_smile:

[attachment=1741]

Grimstonefire alesome entry which made it in to the final, massive congrats on that by the way :slight_smile:

[attachment=1742]

And warplocks great duel entry, i must appoligise for the blured photo i am not using my best camera and people kept bumping in to me.

and now for some of the other golden daemon entrys

[attachment=1746]

[attachment=1744]

[attachment=1745]

[attachment=1747]

[attachment=1748]

[attachment=1749]

Loki:

Part 3

[attachment=1751]

[attachment=1752]

[attachment=1753]

[attachment=1754]

[attachment=1755]

[attachment=1756]

[attachment=1758]

[attachment=1759]

[attachment=1757]

I know it looks like i have not zoomed in on this model but i have, that is because it is a epic size space marine, in the open category, It was amazing work every bit was high lighted and it did make it in the final of the open which gives you an idea of how good it really was, the painted had even put squad markings and chapter signs on the shoulder pads so well that you could tell what it was not just a smudge.

Loki:

Part 4

[attachment=1761]

The tide of peolpe leaving games day 2009

And now the bit you have all been waiting for i have of course saved the best for last :wink:

tjub:

Thanks for the great pics Loki. Love the fishing dwarf that caught the troll… :slight_smile:

Patrikson:

Me too i loved the River troll and also your Big hat 'hat is awsome :smiley:

Loki:

Thanks guys it was a great day cant wait for next year :slight_smile:

Bassman:

Nice stuff! Oh, well it’s a Golden Deamon after all… :slight_smile:

I love your big hat! It’s amazing :slight_smile:

Willmark:

Part 4

The tide of peolpe leaving games day 2009

And now the bit you have all been waiting for i have of course saved the best for last ;)

Me in my big hat on the coach just about to get off for a fun filled day

I am sorry to say that i did not get to meet up wiht any one form CDO but there is always next year :hat

Loki
Awesome stuff, even if it is a big hat!

Loki:

Thanks alot guys, time to start thinking of how to make the next games day a big hat one as well :slight_smile: Maybe buy a cow paint it red and stick some fake wings on it what do you think? :slight_smile:

Alfract:

Thanks alot guys, time to start thinking of how to make the next games day a big hat one as well :) Maybe buy a cow paint it red and stick some fake wings on it what do you think? :)

Loki
maybe take a page out of Tjub's book and bring a calf painted red with wings to the next CD