[Archive] looking for greys (aliens)

Da Crusha:

hey guys I was thinking about making a greys (alien) themed army for 40K. I have already bought a pack of 20 greys from zombiesmith but I was looking for some other models also. anybody know of any companies that make them?  Im also looking for some martian flying saucers too.

edit: ooooh found a flying saucer!!!

Bassman:

Cute! There are even chicks :smiley: What do they proxie? Eldar?

clam:

Don’t think you’ll find many that fit the awesome cartoony still of the zombiesmith ones. - really like the stuff this guy do (and why does he have to be based in the US ?? :mad - it’s not fair)

But first that spring to mind is Bigade Game - they do these:

And then Black Cat Bases as well - they do som gret ones like these:

For saucers - try look here:

http://www.oldglory25s.com/index.php?page=3&cat_id=819

Thorne:

Hey there heads wouldnt be that tricksy to sculpt, You could use nigth goblin bodies and re make the heads ?

Firehammer:

Well, Tau are the Grey Alien themed army of 40k, have a look at their face, skin colour and lack of emotions.

Copplestone also has some Grey Aliens, but they are not so great http://www.copplestonecastings.co.uk/range.php?range=FW

Da Crusha:

oooh great suggestions guys!! Im planning on using them as Tau, theyve always been my fav in 40k.

hey clam I found out recently that the hobby shop I go to is in business with zombiesmith and the models are cast at a guys house in oakland, I go there all the time! hopefully I can meet him and find out more about the process.

good idea about converting them thorne, but Im not too sure Im going to take that route.

Lordfishbane:

Couple of years ago I was going to do a home brew game with aliens, found soap molds in the shape of a saucer. They were pretty cheep compared to the models out at the time, around 5.00 I think.

Da Crusha:

Couple of years ago I was going to do a home brew game with aliens, found soap molds in the shape of a saucer. They were pretty cheep compared to the models out at the time, around 5.00 I think.

Lordfishbane
oh thats a good idea did you end up getting the rules written out and knock out a few games?

Lordfishbane:

Like most of my home brew rules they ended up in the “to be finished at a later date” pile.