Since being unemployed turned me slightly loopy, I decided to pick up an old hobby and started writing again. So far, this resulted in an almost finished book. Yay for me.
However, before I’m doing anything else besides just finishing it, I’d like to get some feedback from proofreaders.
My request is to all of you who are interested in sci-fi, who of you would be interested in acting as a proofreader? Preferably native-English speaking/writing/reading.
The things I’m mainly looking for in a proofreader are:
- have I left any ‘holes’ in the story? Inconsistencies? Omissions? etc.
- brutal honesty. However, I’m looking for brutal honesty with well-worked arguments (you can say “I don’t like it” but I would like to know why not and what errors I made. For example, just saying, “I don’t like the presence of the clowns. Period.” won’t really help me. If you don’t like them, why not? Suggestions are most welcome, of course.)
- do the characters progress or do they remain ‘flat’?
- have I made up grammatical errors (since English isn’t my native tongue)? I know I have the tendency to use ‘that’ instead of ‘which’ (I’m Dutch), and similar not-quite-correct expressions.
- is it a story you like? You don’t have to like it, but it would help
No, really: the clowns were just a side-remark. However, they MIGHT just pop up, you can never be quite sure with clowns. Horrible organisms.
However, it does feature pirates, legal action, mysteries & intrigue, blood, torturers and for some reason a trip into alternate realities. If you might be interested, oh reader, just PM (or M, or send smoke-signals).