[Archive] Looking for Skullcracker

Marcoangelo33:

Hello All, I hope that everything finds you well! I wanted to reach out to you all and see if anyone was willing to part with a Skullcracker. I have not had any luck finding this model anywhere else and figured this would be a good place to try. I would be using PayPal for the purchase and I am located in Texas, USA.

Abecedar:

Sorry, I cannot help. I don’t have one either

Uther the unhinged:

Would love to help but I can�?Tt. I feel your pain it is a lovely mini. Had to scratch build mine.

keckmatt:

I found this website,

http://mirandairene.com/products/warhammer-fantasy/chaos-dwarf-skullcracker-1581.html

They claim to have them for $50. They are out of China. Maybe this will help.

Abecedar:

As much as I love the model. - – - If "real ones " are toooooo expensive. Please scratch build one.

gIL^:

I found this website,

http://mirandairene.com/products/warhammer-fantasy/chaos-dwarf-skullcracker-1581.html

They claim to have them for $50. They are out of China. Maybe this will help.

keckmatt
A Counterfeit operation.

Nicodemus:

Expensive or not, we absolutely do not support purchasing cheaper forgeries or directing potential customers to their sites here on CDO.

Please consider spending your hard-earned money on the real thing or supporting any of the smaller miniature companies that are sprouting up as they offer some great alternatives :hat off

~N

Heavygear:

Expensive or not, we absolutely do not support purchasing cheaper forgeries or directing potential customers to their sites here on CDO.

Please consider spending your hard-earned money on the real thing or supporting any of the smaller miniature companies that are sprouting up as they offer some great alternatives :hat off

~N

Nicodemus
The model has been out of print at FW for over a year now and price gouging on ebay is a real thing. You are not stealing any business from FW by purchasing a recast model.

Nicodemus:

~N

Nicodemus
The model has been out of print at FW for over a year now and price gouging on ebay is a real thing. You are not stealing any business from FW by purchasing a recast model.

Heavygear
Fair enough, this certainly not taking money away from FW, that's true.  You guys are welcome to do anything you like and purchase from anyone you want. It's very unfortunate that the model was quietly discontinued. Chaos Dwarf price gouging has been around since before this forum began. Some of this is driven by the market, as some are willing to pay these high prices. Another major problem are the small number of eBay sellers who acquire and accumulate models, set insanely high prices, and are then willing to hold pieces indefinitely until that one person comes along who is willing to pay the insane prices. You guys should check out the Barbarian and Elf HeroQuest expansions if you want to see price gouging on steroids.  

The real point with my previous post is that recasts are still illegal and we don't support that activity here on the forum.  Games Workshop (and by extension Forge World) is an absolute juggernaut and known to be excessively litigious. CDO made it on to their radar before and that is not territory we wish to revisit. I hope everyone can understand why we, as a on-line community, cannot be seen to support this activity - through action or inaction.

We're just covering our backsides here  :hat off