[Archive] Lord Archaon's Army Small Update

Lord Archaon:

Hi My name is Alex Buzdin. I’m 14, i played Orcs and Khorne armies. I live in Latvia (I hope you know where it is:)) and started to think about a new big conversion project and then i had found a HoH site, i was amaized about how simple it is to make Chaos Dwarfs (i’m talking about Xander) and made this thing:

it’s a Death Rocket with one big crew counting as 2.:~

My plan is to make a simple Chaos Dwarf Army:

20 Blumberbusses

14 Warriors

10 Warriors with Great weapon

1 Heroe

1 Sorcerer

2 Death Rocket

1 Earthesheker

2 Hob Boltthrowers

I have a WIP Earthesheker I’ll post it soon.:hat off

someone2040:

Hi Alex,

I must admit, it’d be a lot better to comment if we could get some clearer pictures.

However, I must wonder. Is that Chaos Dwarf huge @.@

Comparably to the ones in the background, he looks pretty big. He looks kind’ve like a Ogre does to Men as he does to Dwarves.

Lord Archaon:

It is an Ogre, or it can be a Chaos Mutation of some sort.:slight_smile:

About Pictures: They was taken with a phone camera.

Within few days i’ll get a shipment of greenstuff and will start working on those dwarfs you saw in the background (I hope it will:~).

I’ll try to take better pictures of them.

Xander:

Hey! You know, I make those avatars for free if you want one… :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s the old Battle Masters Chaos Ogre, if I am not mistaken. Even [[Grudge Bearer]] talks about Ogre slaves being used with war machines. So it works for me.

Welcome aboard!

Lord Archaon:

Exacly, i think he looks very Chaos Dwarf’ish with and without a beard.

About Avatars: you said you will not do them without a chaos dwarf mini on them.So i thought to make it myself:cheers

Xander:

Hehe, I see, I see. :slight_smile:

someone2040:

Aha. I don’t have much knowledge of Ogres prior Ogre Kingdoms, so I’m like “Wow, BIIIIG Chaos Dwarf”.

I like it in the look of a Chaos Dwarf, but less in the way that it would be a slave. Do Chaos Dwarves really allow ‘Dress-up-day’ for their slaves? :wink:

Monty:

Can’t really make it out… but thank you none the less. I now know what my FW ogryns will become :slight_smile:

Xander:

Do Chaos Dwarves really allow 'Dress-up-day' for their slaves? Wink

someone2040
Well, not all Ogres would be slaves necessarily. In recent fluff, the Chaos Dwarfs are said to have good trade relations with the Ogre Kingdoms.

gORCUS:

Yes, I would think that some ogres would work voluntarily with the chaos dwarves, possibly even some orcs or black orcs considering the existance of the ironback boar.

Lord Archaon:

I made a Death Rocket to big.

And when saw the bas_2312’s :0converted ogres, thought i need to make one:)

hal:

I like the idea of having ogres in the fluff.

Where’s Latvia :slight_smile:

Lord Archaon:

I have a little problem with finding a camera:~ and i thought to show you my early work, a Hellcannon:

:hat off

Xander:

Very nice! A brown wash could do wonders for the machine itself. :slight_smile:

Khan!:

Looks great with the base! My bases are boring ha ha :hat off. I agree with Xander, I really like to use ink washes for metals.

Father Grumpmas:

Nice job on the basing - the Hell Cannon looks good on a big base.

Lord Archaon:

Thanks, but You know i lost one of my games because of my Big base.:~

Lord Archaon:

Here is the Chaos Dwarf terrain i made:

Khan!:

Thanks, but You know i lost one of my games because of my Big base.:~

Lord Archaon
Hm, that is very unfortunate. At least you won a moral victory for looking good!

Lord Archaon:

Finally :slight_smile: i found a camera and i want to show you my first unit of warriors: