[Archive] Lord with Crossbow/Repeater

Joshmohr:

Lets be a bit imaginative, what if we had a Chaos Dwarf lord/hero using a Crossbow? Would this not be useful? Maybe a Repeater, since there so Creative.

Please respond, in the mean time im gunna start working on a lord with a crossbow… ill post pic’s soon!

Swissdictator:

I’d be inclined to say no, more because they seem less attached on “old reliable” and, in terms of technology, are more progressive then their western cousins.

Joshmohr:

Well i suppose so… Either way, I’m gonna work on a lord using a Cross bow =)

((Already have one with a blunderbuss))

Swissdictator:

Hey, if it looks cool, go for it.

Plus if you’re using Dwarf rules to field them… it’s not a bad idea. If you go to CD rules you could perhaps say it’s a trophy if you model it right.

Joshmohr:

What leads me to believe that i can use them as Cd’s, would have to be that they sell CD crossbow men (According to wiki catalog), so why not have a lord?

cornixt:

Those are old models, and don’t have rules in the current army list. You can’t even use them as DoW Dwarfs. If you used the army with normal dwarf rules then you’d be fine though.

Joshmohr:

Mehh whenever i do a tournament they allow you to use Crossbow men (NOT the lord tho…) since GW used to sell them.

Kera foehunter:

when i have to choose a crossbow !! i rather choose a gun

AGPO:

Well as theres no proper rules for them, it sounds a tad of a suspect tournamnet to me. The model would look cool though

Joshmohr:

Fore sure.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Willmark:

Crossbow yes. Repeater crossbow, no. Repeaters are what those namby pampy dark elves use.

Joshmohr:

Word out, Willmark.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

wallacer:

Even though the list doesn’t permit it, it is kind of hard to believe that CD Lords wouldn’t hog all the best equipment for themselves :wink:

Willmark:

Seriously, they should be majorly loaded up with stuff, they are perhaps the richest society in warhammer, and even a lowly chaos dwarf is going to have major cash.

Fallen246:

I think the way the CD are headed is they themselves don’t use crossbows. Just blackpowder.

LOADS of blackpowder.

Sojourn:

when i have to choose  a crossbow !! i rather  choose a gun

Kera foehunter
don't bring a bow to a gun fight. lol

Xander:

I’d take a one-shot Blunderpistol. :stuck_out_tongue:

Swissdictator:

As rich as their society is, I think they don’t usually have a lot of variety. They are probably keeping their army relatively uniform in equipment probably.

I’d take a one-shot Blunderpistol. :stuck_out_tongue:

Xander
cries

wallacer:

Plus metal weapons are probably more practical for them to make than something involving timber.

Xander:

Many of the 4th/5th models contain timber. I always figured there were plenty of trees bordering the mountains next to the River Ruin. Where else would the surrounding Orcs and Ogres get their wooden materials? Those mountains are quite close to Zharr Naggrund.