[Archive] Lord Zharraduk's Legion - updated 28/5/13

Mrhiggsey:

Here is my first unit of chaos dwarf warriors (WIP), my sorcerer-prophet and my daemonsmith. Apologies for the photos - am trying out the photo bucket app on my iPad as this seems to be the only way to upload photos to the forum when using an iPad… Will retake with camera at some point!

You might note that all the Infernal guard are, as of yet, beardless. Am still toying with the idea that Lord Zharraduk insists on shaving the beards off of his infernal guard. These guys are (obviously perhaps) based on the dwarf berserkers from Avatars of War. This is the first fantasy kit that Ive bought outside of GW, and I was seriously impressed with the the quality. I’ve had historical miniatures from a wide range of companies over the years and never found them to be anything like the quality I was used to from GW (cheaper mind you!!!). This unit though had the same feeling you get when you are putting together a GW unit. Parts fitted quite well and in a variety of positions. I kit bashed them with the warriors of chaos helmets, because it was quite quick and easy to do. When I saw these pictures I got inspiration:

PsychosisPC's The Madhouse Workshop: Small Chaos Marauders...WIP

This was something I felt I could do! I drilled out the backs of the helmets to get a better fit because the torso parts have a long neck piece which sticks out quite a long way!

They still need basing properly (probably on lava bases) and several are going to have marauder shields too.

Also pictured is Lord Zharraduk himself (with admonitory finger waiting to smite the enemies of Hashut) and his daemonsmith - the CD waving the hooked flail.

Thoughts? Especially about the beard shaving? this is a shame faced attempt to get out of doing too much greenstuffing. Tried a few times to do Xanders green stuff beards and found them to look like little sausages with dimples!!!

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

Zanthrax:

Looking good - I tried to sculpt beards and failed so just sold a few organs to fund the purchase of more big hats and even some of the infamous zonkcasts.

Get some paint on those dudes soon.

Zanthrax

veso:

Midgetgors=Epic :mad

Znathrax where did you get the zonkcasts?

Ugly Green Trog:

You can still use the IMG codes with the iPads photo bucket app to imbed the picture into the post, I did it in my kdai destroyer thread.

Mrhiggsey:

Yodrin:

Very nice, like those!!!

Mrhiggsey:

@Ugly Green Trog : thanks for that! Brilliant!

Mrhiggsey:

Lord Zharraduk

The standard bearer

and the unit champion…

Animatone:

Dig em! Looking real good and I like the AoW models so much, can’t wait for their future Warthrone stuff to come out.

Zanthrax:

Midgetgors=Epic :mad

Znathrax where did you get the zonkcasts?

veso
Hi there

Managed to get them off one of our CDO brothers after about a year of hunting.

Zanthrax

Mrhiggsey:

Have ordered a “magma cannon”

Like this! Am trying to do this project on a small budget… So things like this are ideal!

Am also looking at one of these…

To use as an iron daemon…

WilsonUndead:

Interesting. I bought two of those cannons myself, but wheres that tank thing from?

Mrhiggsey:

Interesting. I bought two of those cannons myself, but wheres that tank thing from?

WilsonUndead
It's by a company called ramshackle games.

http://shop.ramshacklegames.co.uk/

There are 2 great things about this company.
1. Their stuff is cheap!
2. They sell all the individual parts for all their vehicles, so you can mix and match to create your own!!!!

WilsonUndead:

Well I dunno if you’ve seen this or not, but I’ll share some gems with you now too lol

http://www.ironcladminiatures.co.uk/shop/category_9/Steam-tanks.html

My favourite is the drill on the second page. :slight_smile:

Mrhiggsey:

I have seen these - very nice… I really like the drill too - kdaii destroyer? Possibly.

Actually… Some of those tanks are rather nice - I might use one of those as the iron daemon instead!

WilsonUndead:

ive got all kinds of plans for them tanks lol and the drill, i forget the name but in the one fan made book i have from here theres something about an underground drill machine…

I’m also making this army on the cheap, it’s my thrifty army lol since using toys and whatnot falls right into chaos dwarf territory, with absence of official models. Thats a nice find, theres some other good stuff on Ramshackles site too…

Mrhiggsey:

I’m thinking probably this one…

Mrhiggsey:

This has now been ordered!!!

WilsonUndead:

Yeah, I’m jealous. lol. I bought a bunch of defiler leg and claw bits, I’m gonna buy one of the tanks and make it into a Skullcracker. can’t wait to see what you do with that thing :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

great chose with the tank. i like it to