[Archive] Lore of Fire mounted lord

Ceann Fine:

Is it worth taking for a sorcerer prophet on a bale taurus? The ability to give back d3 wounds to your pony being the main caveat I suppose, but is that enough to warrant its selection over death/metal?

Baggronor:

Fire makes him quite cool in melee as he can use Cascading Fire Cloak and Flaming Sword of Ruin to very good effect. I would tool him for combat if he is taking Fire. I think this is the most fun build.

Death has the obvious Potion of Speed + Purple Sun combo. Devastating against some armies and utterly meh against others. Very hit and miss. The other spells are very good too, but don’t require a Taurus mount to be effective.

Metal gains relatively little from being mounted on a Taurus I think.

Taurus Lords are never going to be cost-effective either way, far too expensive for what he is. He is however, awesome-looking, which should be reason enough to try one.

Ceann Fine:

Rule of cool mate :cheers

Ceann Fine:

Also what kit do you give him if he’s going into combat?

Baggronor:

Also what kit do you give him if he's going into combat?
Black Hammer, Dragonhelm, Talisman of Preservation.

Maybe swap Dragonhelm for Enchanted Shield and add The Other Trickster's Shard.

KramDratta:

Is it worth taking for a sorcerer prophet on a bale taurus? The ability to give back d3 wounds to your pony being the main caveat I suppose, but is that enough to warrant its selection over death/metal?

Ceann Fine
Incorrect. Only the Great Taurus can be 'healed' by the Lore of Fire...

Da Crusha:

KramDratta
well if you want to get technical about it and it seems that you do, at the top of page 185, it classifies both the Bale Taurus and the Great Taurus under the general classsification of "Great Taurus".

The Besieger:

Ceann Fine

KramDratta
A Bale Taurus is a stronger type of Great Taurus.
So Fuelled by Fire also work on a Bale Taurus.

This was a reply of forgeworld (think last year) when i asked this question.I will try to find this mail back.

The Besieger:

Like Da Crusha says :slight_smile:

“classifies both the Bale Taurus and the Great Taurus under the general classsification of Great Taurus”

Ceann Fine:

I was worried for a second that I’d been reading the bale taurus entry completely wrong