[Archive] Magic & Mayhem - Wizard Stats

Hobgoblyn:

Before I get into it, I’ll try to stave off some of the obvious comments by noting that the Hobgoblin Magic Lord and Wind Daemons probably aren’t got the main list, but instead going into the appendix.

Chaos Dwarves

|����������M����WS�� BS�� S����T����W����I����A�� Ld
Sorcerer�� 3����4����3����4����5����3����1����1�� 10
Priest���� 3����4����3����3����4����2����2����1�� 9
Domains: Fire, Metal, Shadow, Hashut

Sorcerer starts as level 3 Wizard, upgrades to level 4 for +35pts

Priest starts as level 1 Wizard, upgrades to level 2 for +35pts

Equipment: Hand Weapon

Sorcerer Mounts: Lammasu, Palanquin

Priest Mounts: Palanquin

Palanquin - A Sorcerer with a Palanquin consists of a Sorcerer on a platform carried by four Chaos Dwarf Bearers. A Sorcerer with a Palanquin has a Movement value of 3. A Sorcerer and his Bearers fight as a single model with a Unit Strength of 4 (even in challenges). They are mounted on a 40mm wide by 40mm deep base. The Palanquin adds 1 to the Armour Save of the Sorcerer mounted on the Palanquin in the same way as any other mount. The Bearers give the General two extra WS5 Strength 4 Initiative 3 close combat attacks, but these attacks do not benefit from any weapon carried by the General.

If a Sorcerer with a Palanquin fights with a unit, he counts as two normal models (in each rank) for the purposes of working out if there is a complete rank of five models. Note that when in a unit, a Sorcerer and his Bearers may still use the ‘Look out, Sir!’ rule.

ICFTM: Altar of Hashut��(170pts )
|������������M����WS�� BS�� S����T����W����I����A����Ld
Altar��������-����-����-����-����8����5����-����-����-������
Bull Centaur 6����5����3����4����5����1����2����1(2) 9
Equipment: the guards are armed with hand weapons, great weapons and heavy armor.

Special Rules: Altar of Hashut. The Bull Centaur guards follow all the rules for Bull Centaurs. In addition as long as at least one of the Bull Centaurs are alive, the Altar unit is Stubborn

Altar of Hashut: This stone altar is used as a focus for the magical energy of a High Priest of Hashut. It consists of a stone dais on top of a magical forge used in the binding of demons into weapons of power, and is circled by the petrified remains of several powerful High Priests of ages past. The Altar, guards, and any High Priest with them are treated as a war machine, except that the Altar cannot be moved during the course of the battle. The altar and its “crew” are considered a large target for the purposes of drawing line of sight to and from the Altar. While using the Altar of Hashut, the range of all spells cast by the High Priest is extended by 12".

The High Priest may cast all his spells with an additional power die, rolled along with the other casting dice. This power die is in addition to the normal power dice generated by the Chaos Dwarf army. This additional power die may cause an Irresistible Force result or a Miscast as normal.

Hobgoblins
|����������M����WS�� BS�� S����T����W����I����A�� Ld
Warlock����4����3����3����3����4����3����3����1����7
Shaman���� 4����3����3����3����3����2����3����1�� 6
Domains: Beast, Heavens, Shadow

Waaagh! you must use the Waaagh! Magic miscast table)

Warlock starts as level 3 Wizard, upgrades to level 4 for +35pts

Shaman starts as level 1 Wizard, upgrades to level 2 for +35pts

Equipment: Hand Weapon

Warlock Mounts: Storm Raven, Batle Mount, Wolf

Shaman Mounts: Wolf

Wind Daemons (Rare, may only take a unit of Wind Daemons if you have a Hobgoblin Warlock)

Unit Size: 3-20

Points/Model: 35
|	M	WS	BS	S	T	W	I	A	Ld
Wind Daemon 1 4 0 4 3 2 5 2 8
Special Rules:��Daemonic; Flying Unit; Tornado Attack
Daemonic: The Wind Elemental has the following traits
��������. 5+ Ward Save
��������. Immune to Psychology
��������. Cause Fear
��������. Attacks count as Magical Attacks and can hurt ethereal creatures
��������. Must take instability test if they lose combat
Tornado Attack:��During any turn the Wind Daemons don’t charge a unit, they may fly through a unit and deal a S3 attack to that unit for each Wind Daemon passing over the unit. These attacks are considered to be ranged attacks.

Lord Zarkov:

Keep the S-L at I1, S4 (especially the former). It represents his slow petrification in a quite nic way without having to go into complex rules

itcamefromthedeep:

—A Hobgoblin shaman might be able to work: but only as a Hero-level character. Too much power in the hands of a Hobgoblin will certainly draw Dawi Zharr attention. Avoid citing any other source for rules: the Waagh! spells need to be cut. The Orc and Goblin mentality has been beaten out of the Hobbos. You might want to keep it to Shadow and Beasts.

—I’m not sure about S4 on the Sorcere Lord. I am not fervently opposed to it, but those guys get a LOT. We also need a strong incentive to take a Chaos Dwarf Lord over this guy and a Bull Centaur Lord. I managed to take care of this in my list, but of course people have not subscribed to my Overlord/Slave rules dynamic en masse yet.

Hobgoblyn:

---A Hobgoblin shaman might be able to work: but only as a Hero-level character. Too much power in the hands of a Hobgoblin will certainly draw Dawi Zharr attention. Avoid citing any other source for rules: the Waagh! spells need to be cut. The Orc and Goblin mentality has been beaten out of the Hobbos. You might want to keep it to Shadow and Beasts.

itcamefromthedeep
As the first line indicates, the Warlock isn't there for the 'Chaos Dwarf' list, it is there for the Hobgoblin list. Since the Chaos Dwarf list will inevitably steal more than half of units for the second list, it seems best to put those extra few model rules right next to the versions that the 'Chaos Dwarf' list will get. We've gone over this in the Basic Unit Stat list.

Lord Zarkov:

also, just seen; for domains put shadow back in; Hashut is after all ‘the father of darkness’