[Archive] Magma/Deathsriker with Ogres

The Gib:

Had an idea for a cannon conversion, thought I would get soem opinions and maybe see if anyone has ever done anything like this before. I have done very little converting in the past so I will go ahead and warn everyone this is by no means an in depth, complicated conversion. It’s actually really simple. My idea is for a deathshrieker rocket launcher, but could be used for a magma cannon. When I think of a rocket launcher my mind first goes to the shoulder rocket launchers we all see in movies. I wanted to go with that theme, but thought three dwarves carrying it around might look weird and be too short. Keeping in line with the forgeworld model as far as hight and overall size, I am planning on taking an Ironblaster ogre model along with the cannon. Instead of a Rhinox the cannon will be mounted on the shoulders of two Ogre Bulls standing beside each other at the front of the base. Then behind all of the this will be three chaos dwarves with whips. Like I said real simple, but I think it could look pretty nice. Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:hat off

furrie:

It fits good with the slavers background from the cd’s and I think it would be a cool model. So yeah hurry up.

frogbear:

Pics or it never happened! :slight_smile:

So yeah. Do it!

Yodrin:

Sounds cool, dot it;P

Pics please :cheers

Goltor Lintrepide:

This is a great idea, but there’s no need for the two Ogre Bulls since your cannon won’t be moving around. Just put something under/in front of the giant horns so it stay still. Also try to paint the horns so it looks like steel or maybe resculpt them.

Anyway, do it as you want since it’s a great idea.

The only thing bothering me is the size of it, does anybody knows if the iron blaster is in the same size range as a magma cannon/rocket launcher?

The Gib:

I like the idea of putting something other than bulls in from the hold the cannon. As far as the size, it will probably be a good bit longer than the actual forgeworld model. My thinking is it will just sit still and probably be a good distance away. Seeing as it won’t be moving and will be in the back of the army, if it does get charged I’ve probably lost the game anyway. If nothing else it works against me and should not be viewed a something that helps the army, which I’m okay with.

Abecedar:

I like the idea of the ogre slaves and you’ve given me plenty of food-for-thought for what could be done.

The Gib:

Here are the preliminary pictures of the model.  The dwarfs on the base will not be what is seen here.  They will be normal dwarfs with horned helmets and Hellstrider whips.  I am not sure if you can tell from the pictures but the model holding up the cannon is actually two gnolbars from the Iron Blaster box, with one on top of the others shoulders.  My next plan prio to painting is to add scars to the ogres back to replicate the dwarfs whipping him.  Does anyone know of a good tutorial on this?  I have seen one before, don’t remember where, and I know it is fairly easy, but I don’t want to practice on a model I need.  One other thing I will do I got the idea from a video on YouTube.  The video shows you how to create dripping blood and slime.  In both instance the substance is very thick.  My idea is to do this at the open end of the cannon barrel.  I will have very thick red liquid dripping out.  Then add in some thick yellow liquid which will hopefully make this look like molten lava coming out of the barrel.  If anyone has any advice or other ideas I would love to hear them.

The Gib:

Right now I am using gnoblars because I was afraid two ogres would make the base size way too wide. I will probably eventually switch out the gnoblars for ogres after seeing the size of the ogre that comes with the ironblaster.

Goltor Lintrepide:

Just put some kind of frame beneath it.

The Gib:

I will probably either go with the Bulls or the gnoblars. It is tough to see in the pictures, but the gnoblars are pretty funny looking holding up the end of the cannon. My idea for the bulls was to let the cannon rest on their shoulders and the paint burn marks on those shoulders. Also the base in going to be lava with the ogre, gnoblars/bulls, and dwarves standing on rocks.

Kera foehunter:

cool idea , I would use the gw giant and make him like an ogre Leadbelches.

the ogre slave looks a little small . But sweetie i love you idea and like to see more

Da Crusha:

I like the gnoblar idea but they would be much too weak to hold up such a big cannon. I would go with like 10 of those models to hold it up, or as many as you could get in there, all squished together.

Goltor Lintrepide:

the ogre slave looks a little small . But sweetie i love you idea and like to see more

Kera foehunter
That's a really good idea (I might steal it actually ;P)

The Gib:

Kera foehunter

Yawarakaimatsuka
I like that too. Might try if for a Deathshrieker rocket launcher. Although I would try to find a cannon that is close to the same size as the giant. Looking at the leadbelchers the cannon they hold is about as tall as they are.

Kera foehunter:

Yawarakaimatsuka

Kera foehunter

The Gib
I like that too.  Might try if for a Deathshrieker rocket launcher.  Although I would try to find a cannon that is close to the same size as the giant.  Looking at the leadbelchers the cannon they hold is about as tall as they are.

Some ogres Leadbelcher have small canons :(
But i think the scrap canon of the ogre set should be close to use with the Giant

Kera foehunter:

here i did this for ya !! try to get it close to scale. a picture is aways better than words

there you go guys

Goltor Lintrepide:

It seems the size fits, yes.:hat off

Also, I tought about it again and even two ogres wouldn’t be able to lift it up. It would take at least 8 of them to barely support its weight.

Cool idea though THe Gib. :stuck_out_tongue:

The Gib:

Here are updated pictures for this model.  Added the whips to the dwarfs.  The ogre will be standing on a rock with a large boulder holding up the cannon.  I will probably place a couple of gnoblars on the cannon also.  The dwarfs are mantic dwarfs with chaos warrior heads and slaneesh whips.

Kera foehunter:

That’s very cool to … I like the rock idea!!

Thanks Herby < blush >