[Archive] Magnetic Travel 40k!

Geckilian:

Hello all!

Not long ago in my local GW I was chatting with a friend and had the revelation of magnetic travel 40k - the ability to while away a long train or car journey with a game of 40k seemed incredibly tempting. As such, I set to work using epic figures, and managed this - a fully magnetic Warhammer 40,000 game with terrain and the first 2 1,500 point armies, all replete with magnets! This is also why there hasn’t been any updates to my Chaos Dwarfs lately…

Space Marines against Chaos:

Objective:

Daemon Princes:

Land Raider Redeemer:

Vigorous upside down shaking only dislodges the Thunderhawk due to it’s excessive weight, everything else, including the metal land raider, stays firmly attached and doesn’t move. There are also little templates, and each inch is scaled down to half a centimetre, so the board is a little over 4’ x 4’ when scaled up.

I’d stated I’d get it finished before Games Day, and so help me, so I have. After the event I’ll gradually work on another non-power armour army for this project, interspersed with other projects such as a Warhammer etc.

Gotta say, it’s pretty fun.

slev:

Sweet man. I saw a similar Space Hulk once. I love this stuff.

The Nicktator:

Ok that’s amazing. The only thing I can see being an issue is the dice rolling.

But amazing job! Wow!

Kera foehunter:

wow now you can play in a car!!! great idea

AGPO:

sheer genius!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Narflung:

I’ve wanted to do this for years, This is fantastic

Kera foehunter:

the cool thing if your car metal you could use the car as a playing field.

but not while driving

Hashut’s Blessing:

Incredibly excellent! I must copy you with a Warmaster version :stuck_out_tongue: As for dice rolling, make an electronic dice roller or have a small tray or use a button-dice like in some board games you press a bubble and the dice inside roll.