[Archive] Making new BC bodies?

Groznit Goregut:

Hi All,

So, I haven’t put together my Bull Centaur bodies yet. I was wondering if anyone thinks we might be able to find a better bull body to use that might be bigger…but would still allow us to use the old BC dwarf top? So, it needs to be a bit bigger, but not so big that the dwarf part looks silly.

Or is that just not possible?

rpitts2004:

Personally i’m waiting for the forgeworld release of the new ones at the end of the month.

Most poeople use ogre bulls/ironguts for the chaos dwarf part. For bull body i’ve seen the chaos juggernauts or chaos knight horses

theforgefather:

Or, you could use the finecast bale taurus. Bit expensive though

bas_2312:

Others have suggested these guys, but I’m not sure how well they would work.

Kera foehunter:

Well sweetie

Since you have O & G

I would use the upper part of the black orc

The lower Part of the new Chaos warrior Horse riders

And the ogre iron guts head

NoisyAssassin:

Not sure how big the old big hat BC dwarf halves were, but I’m using chaos knight horses for the bottom half of mine to pretty good effect.

Groznit Goregut:

Not sure how big the old big hat BC dwarf halves were, but I'm using chaos knight horses for the bottom half of mine to pretty good effect.

NoisyAssassin
You know....I had seen your blog. I admit that I don't like Chaos Warrior CD's (no offense), but I think the Chaos Knights might actually work. I could at least use the old Bull Centaur heads (with the big hats, of course) on the knight bodies. That's only if the CD bodies aren't right. I even hae a $30 gift certificate that would ALMOST pay for those Knights, too.....

Hmmmmmm.......

I really like this idea!

NoisyAssassin:

If you do go that route, word of note: I used the shoulder pads from the knights are a sort of gut-plate. This really helped with the weird transition between the lower half and the too-small dwarf body. Should look pretty spiffy with some big hats on there! Only realy problem I see (other than the idea of you hacking up old BC models just to get the heads 0.o) is that no matter how I tried, I couldn’t find a way that great weapons didn’t look comically small on these guys.

Groznit Goregut:

Good call! I just picked up a box of Chaos Knights today with my $30 gift certificate I won for Best Painted at the last event. Here’s a pic of the Chaos Horse next to the Bull Centaur body of old…

RichardC1967:

I cut up my Mantic Halfbreeds and added the top half to my chaos knights horse bodies…still need to do some greenstuff work tho’ to get them like I want them

CopperPot:

Well sweetie
Since you have O & G
I would use the upper part of the black orc
The lower Part of the new Chaos warrior Horse riders
And the ogre iron guts head

Kera foehunter
Nice kera never thought of using Black Orc upper body on a chaos knight.

Groznit Goregut:

Alright! I did put the old Bull Centaur bodies on top…but they didn’t transition well and looked a little small. I really want to use them, though, and I started to look at the sprue. The Knight legs looked like they could be cut up and put together in creative ways to build up a torso for them. It would make them taller and fit together better. I actually had time on my hands and started to cut and go crazy. I have to admit that since I didn’t pay for the box of Chaos Knights, I was more apt to just start cutting.

The legs:

I used a shoulder pad from the Chaos Knight set to fill in the holes in the front.

And then another…

I’ll need to use some Greenstuff to fill some gaps, but I think it came out alright.

As for the other one in the first pick, I will use that as my champ. So, I wanted something to stand out.

This one will require a bit more Greenstuff or Liquid Greenstuff.

The last guy got some legs put on a bit weirdly. I’m not going to use where the torso fits on for the Knight as the spot to put this guy. His legs didn’t have the drapery around them. So, I just cut the boots off and tipped the legs sideways. It was pretty easy to get 2 shoulder pads on the front. A little much glue. I hope it doesn’t hide detail.

I hope to get the backs done later…

Groznit Goregut:

Oh, and here is what the bodies look like with a torso at least held up.

Animatone:

That actually turned out very slick. I like it, using the chaos knight lower legs was a very smart move!

I just used ogre torsos and the chaos knight steeds as you did, but your way is much better to abridge the gap if you wanted to use, smaller non-ogre sized models. I’m not as much of a big hat fan as I am with the new FW CD’s and sadly not as much of a fan of the current FW bull centaurs as I am the prospects of finishing off the 9 converted BC’s I have the bodies for already, but still I probably won’t get to it for another year or so. Maybe I can snap a pick and post one tomorrow.

All and all very cool, and thanks for the pictures and posts.

Groznit Goregut:

Got some more gluing in today. I just need to plug a bunch of gaps with greenstuff, but overall…I’m pretty happy!

Took these while the snotling was in the bath…

Kera foehunter:

What a sad day it is …when M.r Goregut hobby room  is  moved to the bathroom

RichardC1967:

What a sad day it is ...when M.r Goregut hobby room  is  moved to the bathroom

Kera foehunter
he's hiding his addiction from his wife...:o

zobo1942:

Wow, those look really good! Well done!

NoisyAssassin:

Nice dude! These are turning out really well.

evilskull52:

Wow, that is awesome