[Archive] Malalite Chaos Dwarfs: Full army picture taking for GW store event

Skink:

Got it mate! I was just trying to be helpful. Hope to see a new shiny unit of Hobbos soon!

Chico:

Got it mate! I was just trying to be helpful. Hope to see a new shiny unit of Hobbos soon!

Skink
No problem mate, i didn't take it in any bad way if thats what your worried about.

Unit coming soon.. well maybe heh

Threadbare:

Great start, keep it up.

Also, if you don’t mind collecting non GW minis Sjoerdo sculpted whole units of “marauder style” CDs… Just don’t remember the name of the website. Last, Clam sculpted a standard bearer as well!

Skink

Sjoerdo’s stuff can be found at Hasslefree

Clam’s standard Four A miniatures

Great stuff, worth a look imo.

Skink:

Yeah, these are the ones I was talking about. Personally I love Clam’s banner, should I ever start a 3rd ed. CD army he would totally be my BSB!!!

Chico:

Clams standard is amazing, will be ordering one of those at sometime soon most likely next pay-check heh.

Chico:

Hey,

Little update today, Pictures of the full force as it stands (minus 10 Hobbo’s which are drying from there spraying)

Petard and Swivel gun unit.

IG unit and Hobbo bows.

The IG unit is a mix of Renegades/Slayers/C16 figures so far, but i’d like to add in Norse Dwarfs/MM/D3 as well.

Its getting there, if a little slowly dew to very limited funds (Care to trade me a few? Head over to my trade thread on the market). I’d like the IG unit to be 40 strong in the end and 2 more Petards then its just the warmachines and big boys to get.

Comments welcome.

Cheers

Chico

Karring:

Great conversion with that hobbo archer. Good job.

Chico:

Hobgoblin Khan Chaos Wolf update:

Also we have a few more IG done:

Comments welcome,

Cheers

Chico

Chico:

Not so much as a update today just a question or 2.

My wifes just ordered me the Clam’s Dronzak Bannerfist figure from www.fouraminiatures.com (God its damn sexy) and i was wondering if anyone has bought from there and how long its taken to arrive.

Just so eager to get my hands on such a nice figure and a great gift :slight_smile:

Cheers

Chico

Zanko:

My wifes just ordered me the Clam's Dronzak Bannerfist figure from www.fouraminiatures.com (God its damn sexy) and i was wondering if anyone has bought from there and how long its taken to arrive.

Chico
I ordered and got the mini one year ago (I think so) and I had to wait about a week!

No problem at all!

:hashut

Chico:

I ordered and got the mini one year ago (I think so) and I had to wait about a week!

No problem at all!

:hashut

Zanko
Thanks for your reply Zanko, Ordered yesterday and came today talk about amazing service.

Recommend buying the standard to everyone :)

Anyway heres alittle painting update, just picked up parts of a incomplete Whirlwind of ebay today which will be converted into a Iron Deamon soon :)

Dronzak Bannerfist prepared and with new shield ready to be painted:

First 10 IG now fully painted:

5 Hobgobbos done:

That's all for today. Comments welcome lads and ladies.

-
Chico

Skink:

What I really like about this army (other than the amazing collection of old school minis and the tempered glass background:D) is the lack of garish colors, brilliantly complemented  by some dark bases. The contrast between white-black and earth-grass is really pleasant. I just wish I could see those better… (sorry for be moaning all the time:P)

fairoaks024:

after seeing dronzak in this blog, i ordered one yesterday and had the same experience as chico.

ordered weds afternoon, delivered thursday morning.

Andy, who owns the firm, also emailed and told me about Clams chaos dwarfs and that they would match if i was looking for more!

all round excellent,

@Chico

i echo what others have said, lovely looking army, colour scheme is nice, different, and really works,

regards

jim

Chico:

Yeah Andy also emailed me, he has a CD magic user to release later in the year which hopefully be good.

Thanks Skink and Fairoaks024 for your comments, my painting style has always been dark and broody. I’ve never been one for brightness even when i first started 20 plus years ago during/just before GW’s ‘‘Red Era’’

Cheers

Chico

DAGabriel:

You sold me on ordering a Dronzak, too. Will have to make a “tribute to clam”-unit together with his new minis.

Chico:

I have to say Dronzak was a joy to paint and was a quick job too

Painted Dronzak Bannerfist:

Comments welcome as always

-

Chico

Skink:

As much as I like your painting style you should do something about the head on this model. I mean, the technique is nice as usual but when I look at the mini I see its white armor first. The face (helmet in this case) should be the focal point… Gold (or dark brass) maybe???

Also, it looks like you know your way around with brushes, why don’t add a nice free hand on that banner pole?

DAGabriel:

@skink: I am really astonished what you detect on the pics. I really like the thread but every time I look a the pics i am tempted to send chico a new cam. It is like seeing delicacies through a milk glass window.

Chico:

Hey lads,

As much as I like your painting style you should do something about the head on this model. I mean, the technique is nice as usual but when I look at the mini I see its white armor first. The face (helmet in this case) should be the focal point… Gold (or dark brass) maybe???

Also, it looks like you know your way around with brushes, why don’t add a nice free hand on that banner pole?

Skink
All my helms are black in this force with white iron armour, brass chainmail and a red spot colour. I’m loath to change it up as to my eyes it’ll change the uniformed look.

As for the banner itself, im just waiting on a order of fine chain to drape around the banner top and hang trophy’s on eg heads/hands and the like.
@skink: I am really astonished what you detect on the pics. I really like the thread but every time I look a the pics i am tempted to send chico a new cam. It is like seeing delicacies through a milk glass window.

DAGabriel
Heh do it, send me one. You can have my first born son as payment or failing that half a donut?

So what’s new with this force:

Still waiting on my Whirlwind bits to come so i can work on my Iron Daemon. And the odd trade is being worked out i should soon i shall have 1000 Points painted.

The Petard has now been added to rear ranks of the Swivel Gun unit and will have a standard made driven into the ground.

Started painting my old Goblin King (off the old 1980 chariot and no he’s no Grom lol), since he has a nice banner he’ll be my Hobbo archer unit standard.

Cheers

Chico

DAGabriel:

Hope it was you that won that 30 minis-treasure chest on ebay?