[Archive] Man O War, Imperial War Galleys & Hellhammers, High Elf flying stuff

snowblizz:

Same deal as the Swivelguns.

Saw these boxes and thought I’d seen people asking for Man O War stuff.

Pic to show I’m not lying:

Shrinkwrapped boxes!

Imperial Wargalleys

Imperial Hellhammers

High Elf Dragon Riders

High Elf Eagle riders

PLEASE NOTE: I do not know what they want to charge for these. I am not going to be running back and forth checking it up. (It’s friggin cold and I have to bike for 4km) The guy in the store today didn’t know much about this, I need to get hold of the Old Guard to talk prices.

The store is selling them for an old friends of theirs, ex-management or such. But it is private sale and I’ll have to haggle with them.

Sooo… what I suggest is, give me a number you are happy with and I’ll work to get under that. But it gives me at least something to fall back on as a last resort.

I’VE GOT YOUR BACKS ON THIS. I’m not going to make any commission or whatnot. I saw these and thought better CDO gets them than the dump or whatever. I’ll get them as cheap as I can get (and I can give Uncle Scrooge a run when it comes to being cheap), and that’s what you’d pay me + whatever postage is. I’m in Finland so it’ll be more than Royal Mail charges. I’ll look it up.

As of now, I said I’d come back Monday, but I think I’ll hold of until say Thursday. So ya’ll got a few days. I’m hoping on Thursday the store guys have the guys who know me the best and would be most likely to cut me a deal.

Pyro Stick:

If there was any Chaos ships, in particular Hellrammers, i would be interested. I would say the Empire stuff is more valuable than the High Elf models (i think the rules for those flyers are only in the Sea of Blood expansion so they aren’t as popular models). If they were to go on eBay i would say the empire would go for £20+ a box, the High Elves half that probably.

snowblizz:

That much, eh? Well then I have a value to work on. I might ask what they want for them just to see. I’m not really interested in whoring it on eBay as such. That’s just not kosher in my book. I’d probably keep them if I can pick them up cheap, in case someone ever looks for something like that.

You know there was a box of Plague-somethings ships and I thought of you… only to find that it was, of course, empty. Not even the sails or anything.

FWIW Sea of Blood is the only set of rules I’ve actually seen in PDF form online. But if it’s an expansion it would explain why these boxes where left around. It was really fun digging around the crates though. Lot’s of “oh maaan is this old”.

Pyro Stick:

You know there was a box of Plague-somethings ships and I thought of you... only to find that it was, of course, empty. Not even the sails or anything.

FWIW Sea of Blood is the only set of rules I've actually seen in PDF form online. But if it's an expansion it would explain why these boxes where left around. It was really fun digging around the crates though. Lot's of "oh maaan is this old".

snowblizz
haha thanks. Actually i might be interested in the empty box if i would be saving it from the bin. I assume its the Plaguecrushers box. Ive got a unit of them and would really like to get the box, as long as its not falling apart or anything.

All the rules and templates used to be easily available online but the site hosting them was taken down a few years ago. Im glad i got a copy of everything but since then ive bought physical copies of everything. I prefer the idea of Man o War over Dreadfleet.

snowblizz:

The box was in excellent condition AFAICT, I’ll see if I can grab it.