[Archive] Man o War: Looking For Death Galleys!

Pyro Stick:

I have been trying to get hold of some Man o war models for a while now and so far all i have been able to get is a Thunderfire Battlebarge. I was just outbid on an auction from the same seller selling three Thunderfire Battlebarge. I am aware that there are three fleet boxes on ebay but i was wondering if anyone here had any chaos dwarf man o war that they didnt want anymore, especially the Great Leveller and the Thunder Rollers.

Pyro Stick:

SUPER BUMP!

If anyone has these for sale please let me know:

Im also looking for all the stuff that comes in the man o war box and the plague fleet rulebook. After reading the rules ive realised that its going to be very hard to play if i dont actually have what came in the box.

hashuts lil helper:

I have lots of various man o war in various conditions. If you dont mind them needing to be stripped and with broken masts, I’m your man.

Pyro Stick:

I have lots of various man o war in various conditions.  If you dont mind them needing to be stripped and with broken masts, I'm your man.

hashuts lil helper
If you could give me a list of what you've got and their condition then that would be great. I might be able to repair masts but do you have any unbroken ones?

grom:

I plan to make some ships for M’oW in near future (year or two :D) :wink:

Pyro Stick:

I plan to make some ships for M'oW in near future (year or two :D) ;)

grom
The yahoo group Sea of Claws have some excellent paper templates. They arent really paper ships though. They are boxes with pics of the sides, front, back and top on them. The pics are really good and so is the painting so its still a great alternative is you cant afford the metal ships.

clam:

A bit off topic - buthow about rules, cards ect. - are they public or will you need to purchase the old boardgame to be able to actually play this game?

Pyro Stick:

A bit off topic - buthow about rules, cards ect. - are they public or will you need to purchase the old boardgame to be able to actually play this game?

clam
Ive actually just found all that stuff available for download. If you need it then let me know. Im still looking to buy it as well though or else i will have to print out probably over 100 pages of stuff.

hashuts lil helper:

Man o war is an excellent fun game, however it suffered from extremely notable power creep in its short life. dwarfs brets empire elves and dark elves are relatively balanced, and you can change the orc rules to make them good. chaos/chaosdwarfs and skaven are noteably stronger.

I have just about a complete set if anyone has questions.

Pyro Stick:

chaos/chaosdwarfs and skaven are noteably stronger.

hashuts lil helper
lol just as well the ships im interested in are Chaos Dwarfs, Skaven and Nurgle. The Black Arc is just a cool ship that i would like to be able to paint up.

slev:

I have lots of various man o war in various conditions.  If you dont mind them needing to be stripped and with broken masts, I'm your man.

hashuts lil helper
Ohhh, I always need more High Elves. Have you any of those?

Pyro Stick:

Ive upadted the list. After reading through the rules ive reaslied that i need a Sorceror and for that i need a Bane Tower.

DarkWingDuck:

FYI,

You don’t need a Banetower in a Chaos Dwarf Fleet (in fact, you can’t take one). If you purchase a wizard/sorceror, he just goes on the same barge as the general.

But I see you have a bunch of pure Chaos Ships in your want list, so I assume you need it to use with those.

Pyro Stick:

FYI,

You don't need a Banetower in a Chaos Dwarf Fleet (in fact, you can't take one). If you purchase a wizard/sorceror, he just goes on the same barge as the general.

But I see you have a bunch of pure Chaos Ships in your want list, so I assume you need it to use with those.

DarkWingDuck
I know about the wizard not needing a bane tower for chaos dwarfs but i want to get one so that i can take one in my Nurgle fleet.

Pyro Stick:

The list has been updated. Im no longer after the Skaven. Ive bought 2 of them and that will be enough for me. I only wanted to see what they were like to paint and the doombell looks quite cool. My priority now is to build a Nurgle Fleet as the Plagueship is absolute awesomeness.

Please dont expect me to pay ridicolous ebay prices. Im not going to pay something stupid like £20+ per ship when they originally cost £4.99

Dai-Mongar:

How many ships would one need to start playing Man O’ War?

I ask because I found a few Chaos Dwarf ships in a bulk lot of Epic stuff, and I don’t know whether it’s better to keep them or sell them.

Pyro Stick:

How many ships would one need to start playing Man O' War?
I ask because I found a few Chaos Dwarf ships in a bulk lot of Epic stuff, and I don't know whether it's better to keep them or sell them.

Dai-Mongar
Games are usually 1000 points which would consist of a Thunderfire Battlebarge, Great Levellar, 2x 3 Thunder Rollers, 2x3 Hull Destroyers and maybe a few Great Taurus. So you need quite a few models for a 1000 point game and you ALWAYS need to take a Thunderfire Battlebarge so if you dont have that they you cand use the Chaos Dwarfs.

If you want to sell them then let me know which models you have and how much you want for them.

Canix:

The list has been updated. Im no longer after the Skaven. Ive bought 2 of them and that will be enough for me. I only wanted to see what they were like to paint and the doombell looks quite cool. My priority now is to build a Nurgle Fleet as the Plagueship is absolute awesomeness.

Please dont expect me to pay ridicolous ebay prices. Im not going to pay something stupid like £20+ per ship when they originally cost £4.99

Pyro Stick
There are loads of new listings on ebay including chaos dwarfs and chaos ships well worth a look :hat

Pyro Stick:

Pyro Stick
There are loads of new listings on ebay including chaos dwarfs and chaos ships well worth a look :hat

Canix
Thanks. Im checking everyday at the moment but it looks like ive chosen
a very bad time to get into the game. The models i need have a starting price of £17!

Ive updated my main post to reflect my new wants.

Pyro Stick:

Im no longer after the Plague Fleet boxed set, but if anyone still has a copy of the rules i might be interested in buying it.