[Archive] Mantic for Bull Centaur Renders

Nebukadnezza:

I have recently been inspired to start collecting Chaos Dwarfs, and have decided to buy mantic dwarfs and sculpt some proper beards and big hats on them.

I am throwing around some ideas for bull centaurs to go with them. Mantic abyssal half-breeds are desirable because of their consistent proportions, but it has been pointed out that they would look out of place on 50x75mm bases. I don’t have the models to check, but would it be possible to squeeze two half-breeds on a single 50x75mm base?

If it could be done without looking silly or overly cramped, would such an arrangement be confusing or otherwise be too much of a violation of the general ‘one figure per base, except for mar machines and swarms’ convention?

I would be interested in opinions.

Kera foehunter:

what i do is pimp out the base of this figure. make a nice rocky volcano base with lots of skulls or skeletons

this will add to the figure , but make it not so cramped .

RichardC1967:

I have recently been inspired to start collecting Chaos Dwarfs, and have decided to buy mantic dwarfs and sculpt some proper beards and big hats on them.

I am throwing around some ideas for bull centaurs to go with them. Mantic abyssal half-breeds are desirable because of their consistent proportions, but it has been pointed out that they would look out of place on 50x75mm bases. I don't have the models to check, but would it be possible to squeeze two half-breeds on a single 50x75mm base?

If it could be done without looking silly or overly cramped, would such an arrangement be confusing or otherwise be too much of a violation of the general 'one figure per base, except for mar machines and swarms' convention?

I would be interested in opinions.

Nebukadnezza
I bought some Mantic half-breeds and tried spicing them up...don't waste your money..they are crap...buy the GW dragon ogres or the FW bull centaurs..cause if you get the Mantic ones you'll be disappointed...JMO

I cut the torsos and tails from the body and attached them to chaos knights horses to bulk them up some..they are now sitting in a box collecting dust..

kbolster12345:

Richard. I agree with you about the mantic models but you did a pretty nice job sprucing the up.

Nebukadnezza:

Thanks for the collective input.

Richard, when you say that the Mantic half-breeds are crap, in what respect are they crap? Shoddy detail? Cast wonky so the halves of the torsos don’t meet? Badly proportioned? Too difficult to convert?

RichardC1967:

Thanks for the collective input.

Richard, when you say that the Mantic half-breeds are crap, in what respect are they crap? Shoddy detail? Cast wonky so the halves of the torsos don't meet? Badly proportioned? Too difficult to convert?

Nebukadnezza
I was trying to find my thread where I posted pictures of the ones I got,there where various opinions on them, in my opinion the details are shoddy, the plastic was very hard to cut for my conversion, they are about the same size as the old CD Centaurs, up close the upper torsos look like they hav T-Rex arms...if you are on a budget and need a cheap alternative then these are ok..but there are a lot better looking options out there IMO.