[Archive] Mantic global campaign

Dînadan:

Just been announced in the latest BoW vid (Kings of War/Dungeon Saga LIVE with Ronnie Renton - YouTube) that Mantic are planning on doing a global campaign for KoW with the intention of the results shaping the KoW setting somehow (but without destroying the world). No firm details were stated other than there’s plans for a site to support the campaign and plans to release stories and supplements to support the campaign and the promise that when the results move the timeline along it won’t result in wiping stuff out.

Miasma:

Sounds interesting, I’ve only ever played KoW a couple of times but am taking a more and more serious interest in it lately following the 9th edition rumours

Fuggit Khan:

Sounds interesting, I've only ever played KoW a couple of times but am taking a more and more serious interest in it lately following the 9th edition rumours

Miasma
I love the KoW rules, quick, simple (but very well thought out) and you don't need tons of charts or templates to play. The idea that models represent an entire singular unit, and not individual troops/wounds is remarkably refreshing and allows for a faster paced game.
And the idea that a single model on unit sized base can represent the entire unit itself (if you want), allows for lots of creative unit fillers as well as a cheaper alternative to field tons of units on the board.