[Archive] March 40k Release

Coopervisor:

I’m sure some of you will have seen the photos of the new 40k releases for Space Wolves and Tyranids.

The first thing I thought when I saw the photos of the fenrisian wolves was, I wonder if this means FW can get round to making some hobgoblin riders for them? Obviously the mention of FW not doing hobgoblins was down to the costs of such a cheap core unit, but for the rare unit, or even a one off Khan.

Some of the wolves seem to have cybernetic parts, but if these are additional bits on the sprue, then they’d certainly make a good looking wolf rider unit!

Even if FW don’t do it, I’m tempted to try my hand at converting a unit.

Fingers crossed!

[Edit]Here is a clearer shot of the wolves:

aka_mythos:

Those smaller wolves would be pretty awesome to see hobgoblins on.

Edit: Also apparently those cybernetic pieces are Finecast add-on bits sold separately to supplement the plastic wolves. So no doubt these are the plastic wolves intended for everyone.

Coopervisor:

Those smaller wolves would be pretty awesome to see hobgoblins on.

Edit: Also apparently those cybernetic pieces are Finecast add-on bits sold separately to supplement the plastic wolves. So no doubt these are the plastic wolves intended for everyone.

aka_mythos
In which case, a standard wolf sprue would be ideal for FW add-ons to make wolf riders. Well we can hope can't we?! I may end up getting a box anyway and look into converting some.

Borador:

Looks nice but I would rather have seen some more Necrons :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Pyro Stick:

Looks nice but I would rather have seen some more Necrons ;P

Borador
Same here. The new necron units sound like they are going to look really cool.

Thommy H:

There was a rumour a while ago that these would be the new standard wolves for both Fantasy and 40K. I don’t see why they wouldn’t use them as the basis for a new Goblin Wolf Rider kit, for example.

Borador:

@ Pyro

Aye, I want to see the Night Scythes and Triarch Stalkers and such. Oh and new Spiders!

@ ThommyH

Yeah, the wolves would be nice for some new wolf riders!

JonJon:

Happy with those wolves gonna buy some . Also my friend always wants me to paint his new space wolves so will be getting hobby cash soon

Jon

warh:

I will probably use those if I want some wolfriders. also really like the tyranids though the paintjob is horrible (looks to plastic).

silentbob27:

Love them. Did anyone else notice that it is just 1 wolf in various stages of a single leap?

aka_mythos:

Just a quick correction. The cybernetic wolf is apparent a single finecast model that’s available separately to supplement the plastic kit… not a bits kit, like I had said.

vulcanologist:

Very nice wolves! I agree they would make great mounts for hobbos!

gIL^:

How much are these Wolves?

wallacer:

much much better than the current wolves.

Da Crusha:

about time they offer new wolves. the current ones are terrible.

Ravenswood:

How much are these Wolves?

gIL^
From warsser:
Space Wolves Fenrisian Wolf Pack 5 Fig Box 3-Mar-12 $24.75 $29.75 RTD New Plastic

Hashut’s Blessing:

5 models for £15.

Thunderwolves - 3 for £33.50 with guys on (same as Bloodcrushers).