[Archive] Mask ideas

Karak:

My chaos dwarf army is going to be a mask army, and I wan wondering what you use on your chaos dwarves? and if you scratch build, what techniques you use?

furrie:

I will probably make a tut when I will make my next unit

Karak:

how are you going to make the masks? with green stuff?

Merchant:

Well I was leaning from Mr. Xanders and so I started using the shoulder-pad from the Chaos Mutation Sprue - and keeped it was the main theme of my army :slight_smile:

- but some characters is going to have some others, like my death sorc is haivng the head from Redemptionist Gang Leader (him with the skull and hat)

I’ll gonna use the dwarf king as my lord figure, but about the mask - I might gonna scratch build it.

Karak:

ya, i got grudge bearer and im trying to find out what to do, but i suck at scratch building

try using the marauder shoulderpads, those are actually amzing and what I have been using, but i want to use more things, becuase it gets annouing using the same stuff over and over again.

Kera foehunter:

so are you trying to make skulls or just a plain fase mask (like a dwarf face or deamon)

or like the( movie 300 )style of masks

Mosk:

I thought about using necron heads, along with green stuff

furrie:

how are you going to make the masks? with green stuff?

Karak
yes with greenstuff

Karak:

im making them like the 300 mask style

Kera foehunter:

Now this would be easyer try using Chaos maurauter heads

and with a hobby knife take off the horns and take off there face and add the center piece of the helmets.

AGPO:

I thought about using necron heads, along with green stuff

Mosk
Tried it, they're too small

Karak:

Thats possible, ill take a look into it when i get marauder heads. Howbout tomeking heads? are they too small as well?

Hashut’s Blessing:

Another option is to get Chaos Warrior helmets, even the older ones, and split them in half, removing the horns. Then, attach them as Mr. Xander says to do with the BfSP miniatures, so they still have straps and that should work.

Karak:

if im thinking the same thing you are thinking, the look to thin for me. i may try to see what they look like in person, but too small so far. Howbout using the dwarf longbeard masks on normal dwarves? i know they have beard parts, but if you cut it off and converted it too look like dread parts do you think it would look ok?

Kera foehunter:

that would be cool !! then you can see there tusk and beards!